Stitches

1986 honda trx 350 fuel filter

I just picked up an 86 trx 350. Changed air filter, oil, filter, both diffs oils. Looking to change fuel filter seems easy enough but can't find any detailed threads or youtube. All super vague. Any one have details on replacing one? Cam you just throw in an inline? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. 

• Like 1

Welcome aboard.  @shadetree and @Goober are the two tank gurus (there are others too, but those two off the top of my head)

They'll be along.  I know Shade was at deer camp this weekend so he probably hasn't been online.

• Like 2

It has an L shaped inline filter and with some rerouting of the fuel lines you could use a straight filter if you wanted. It's pretty simple to change. You might have to take a fender bracket loose but besides fighting the old rubber holder it's as easy as it can get. 

• Like 3

Hey we’re here in deer camp too. Let me post a pic.
best to buy an OEM filter yeah they’re about $40 but worth it. They have to fit the fuel lines configuration. Be careful with those lines they’re impossible to find and if they crack at the ends, you’ll risk them being too short.

The fuel tank has a petcock with two suction lines—filter baskets on the ends

1A8D0042-C63C-4516-A303-E7817AA2F30B.jpeg

EA528306-7FE6-4414-A40A-1B933EC1A256.jpeg

D36C87D2-2B6D-42C8-8403-552422C6CB63.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies, helful, great detail. Think I'll go oem, if I can find one, route better safe than sorry.  Pics are super helpful your, ride looks brand new. Mine not so much. Lol

20221114_150747.jpg

11 hours ago, Stitches said:

Thanks for the replies, helful, great detail. Think I'll go oem, if I can find one, route better safe than sorry.  Pics are super helpful your, ride looks brand new. Mine not so much. Lol

20221114_150747.jpg

https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/16900-HA7-671?ref=afdd457c52f36d6d23ba7e531fb15990e752ad4f

There's the part number.  Probably find it cheaper at rocky mountain atv or motosport.

• Like 2

I located those hoses by asking a Honda atv dealer to search the country. Found the last two available.

• Like 4