rcarterhse

2007 foreman 500 transmission issues

I was camping last weekend and while returning to camp i was approaching my turn off so I geared down to prepare to turn and I had no power to transmission. This is after a solid day of riding with no issues and no issues of this type ever in tne past. Also their was no noise or any indication that their was a problem. In fact the electric shift still functions and sounds normal while cycling through all the gears but the transmission neaver engages. When I tried to manually shift it still wouldn't engage transmission and the gear display starts blinking as you cycle gears. It stops blinking after key is turned off and back on. Display does not blink when cycling gears with electric shift.
Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem? Thanks

• Like 1

I'm going to guess it will do this in 2x4 as well as 4x4 so we can rule out any drive line issues like a stripped axle. The way it sounds something messed up in the clutches and are holding the change clutch open/disengaged. I would remove the front engine cover and start inspecting, I bet you find the issue. If the machine is clean you can stand it up on it's rear rack to make it easier to work on (turning the fuel off of course).

It always helps to post the year and model. From your post, I would take  a wild guess that the bolt on the end of the shift shaft backed out and/or sheered off 

PS  >> I see the year and model now , it is the title ^^^^