Currently

It’s plowing season!

Well, I got the 54 inch Honda Warn package with my ‘22 Rubicon and put it to work today on 10 inches of snow.  

On low range the engine never bogged down, wondering if I should have gone with the 6 foot plow.

Any one has one set up?  Does it bog down the front end too much?   I’m gonna max out the preload on the shocks tomorrow.  

This is what I did after researching several forums …

20 inch axle strap looped on top rack (Tractor Supply)

couple cable clamps with rope thimble 

Amstel synthetic rope double folded so I got 4 strands supporting the plow

SSACK snatch block that perfectly fits on plow.  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08X6GDJJW?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details

I needed the sheave width to handle 4 strands of rope without jamming on the sides of the snatch block. 

I’m still thinking through mounting a linear actuator for plow angle.  I need to design the mounting hardware.  

As always, suggestions and criticism are welcome. 

678EB840-8A8A-4922-B7BF-64E8DC36D481.jpeg

Edited by Currently
  • Like 3

The 72 inch would probably work in light snow but with any a good amount or good heavy snow the machine won't handle it weight wise. I run the 60 inch on the 4 wheelers and at times it will move the machine around. I've had the 72 turn my MUV BigRed sideways too many times to mention. You probably have a good size to work in all conditions.

We are barely getting enough snow to cover the ground, in some places. My BigRed is ready, the 4 wheeler is ready and hopefully Monday the little things left on the pickup plow are here and it's ready when it does get here.

If using the winch only for plowing a flat strap is the way to go. I use mine for recovery as well as the plow so I deal with the wear it puts on the cables. For me the synthetic cable lasted longer than steel.

• Like 1

I have a 2015 Rubicon and plow plenty. I would stick with the 54" also or you will get tossed around as mentioned. I don't use all those pulleys, right from the winch to the plow. Winch has way more than enough power. I don't bother stiffening the front shocks either. Switched from cable to synthetic 2 years ago. Used the same plow on a 350 Rancher for 9 years.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 11:04 PM, PROV said:

I have a 2015 Rubicon and plow plenty. I would stick with the 54" also or you will get tossed around as mentioned. I don't use all those pulleys, right from the winch to the plow. Winch has way more than enough power. I don't bother stiffening the front shocks either. Switched from cable to synthetic 2 years ago. Used the same plow on a 350 Rancher for 9 years.

‘Thank you both for the feedback.  @toodeep @PROV

Reason I went with the pulley is to slow it down and give me better control.  Hopefully rope will last longer also.  

I’ll stick with what I have for now and learn to use what I got better.  

• Like 1

well, 61 degrees here on T-Day..  I spent the morning putting new seat covers on my offroad golf cart...wearing a t-shirt n shorts.

sorry guys...but not plow season here just yet.  (grin)

Here in Michigan sunny and 50 today, no plow needed here either.  I did get all the lawn and garden equipment winterized with Stabil.  Run them then shut off the fuel to run them dry.

We are suppose to be in the 60s tomorrow but come Tuesday we might, maybe, possibly can get some snow. It's going to be a small front so most likely no pushing but the much needed moisture is needed bad.