Snow Camo

1987 trx200sx/ fourtrax 200sx carburetor jet upgrade

also, we need the year, make, model. i see you posted just a 200sx ^^ ?, but you posted this thread in the sport section, only model 200sx i know of is the utility version. if this is the case ?, this thread needs to be moved to the utility section instead of being in the sport section.

• Thanks 1

1987 honda trx 200sx 

I figured the main jet separates from that barrel with the holes. 

What I was hoping to find is a jet kit that has 100-110 that has a 102 in it. Not having luck with that. I do plan to pickup a shiny kit, but that has the factory size jets. I am looking to tune this without an air filter box and filter only. 

qiP5WTv.png

+1 on jetsRus. Used them many times. Your talking 5-6 bucks a piece but oem kehine jets. Avoid aftermarket from anyone but shindy. Shindy are aftermarket but drilled right. Most of the cheap ones on ebay or amazon will say they come with 10-20 different sizes and all are drilled identical size.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SlammedRanger said:

+1 on jetsRus. Used them many times. Your talking 5-6 bucks a piece but oem kehine jets. Avoid aftermarket from anyone but shindy. Shindy are aftermarket but drilled right. Most of the cheap ones on ebay or amazon will say they come with 10-20 different sizes and all are drilled identical size.

Thank you for your reply. I was really looking at all of those kitchen mentioned on Amazon and eBay. If I had bought those I would have been So L. I will go ahead and look at the jetsrus site  And maybe even just give them a call. Thank you

• Like 1

No problem! The jetsRus site is alittle hard to navigate. May be easier to call. I have had great luck with them and they ship super fast. My brother got one of those amazon kits and we ended up throwing it in the trash. He couldnt figure out why after re-jet his little pit bike ran worse. We found all jets to be drilled the same and they were main jets drilled small enough to be pilot jets. They all had number printed on them 75-125 and they were all more like a 20 or 30 at best lol. He couldnt even hit the throttle without it just bogging and stalling lol. Got some kehine jets and it runs perfect.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rock on man! I am glad that I asked about the jet kits. I'll update when I get them all. Thanks!  Saved me a headache. 

Well guys I was getting ready to checkout on the jetsrus site and found the only way was through PayPal. 😑

Due to the new PayPal fine/penalty $2500 for speaking against the Dims/ misinformation... I cut my PayPal account off about a month ago.  There's an option to not use a PayPal account,  but you still send PayPal your card info...

That said I am going to make the purchase through Nichecycle.com. 

Here is the link for the main jet

http://www.nichecycle.com/ncs/categories/carburetor/keihin-jetting/keihin-starter-jets/99101-393-series-starter-jet.html

Slow Jet

http://www.nichecycle.com/ncs/categories/carburetor/keihin-jetting/keihin-pilot-jets/n424-26-series-pilot-jet.html

Is there a way to  add tags or possibly change the title of this thread to 1987 trx200sx/ fourtrax 200sx carburetor jet upgrade? I would like to help other folks who are in search of this info. 

Edited by Snow Camo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Snow Camo said:

Well guys I was getting ready to checkout on the jetsrus site and found the only way was through PayPal. 😑

Due to the new PayPal fine/penalty $2500 for speaking against the Dims/ misinformation... I cut my PayPal account off about a month ago.  There's an option to not use a PayPal account,  but you still send PayPal your card info...

That said I am going to make the purchase through Nichecycle.com. 

Here is the link for the main jet

http://www.nichecycle.com/ncs/categories/carburetor/keihin-jetting/keihin-starter-jets/99101-393-series-starter-jet.html

Slow Jet

http://www.nichecycle.com/ncs/categories/carburetor/keihin-jetting/keihin-pilot-jets/n424-26-series-pilot-jet.html

Is there a way to  add tags or possibly change the title of this thread to 1987 trx200sx/ fourtrax 200sx carburetor jet upgrade? I would like to help other folks who are in search of this info. 

I changed the title for you bud!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Snow Camo said:

Rock on man! Thanks!

No problem. After a certain amount of time it wont let you change the title yourself. Cant remember the exact time frame. But any mod or admin can change it for you at anytime. And will be glad to do so for you.

Good deal. I may ask to change my build thread tittle after a while. I am thinking of doing the most mods possible and keeping note of any vids available as searching the net for info on this quad is spotty.

If I can make it easier to find all the simple bolt-on mods in one thread, then I'd help someone 😁 I may even start a youtube channel.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Snow Camo said:

Good deal. I may ask to change my build thread tittle after a while. I am thinking of doing the most mods possible and keeping note of any vids available as searching the net for info on this quad is spotty.

If I can make it easier to find all the simple bolt-on mods in one thread, then I'd help someone 😁 I may even start a youtube channel.

This is exaxtly what we are here for. Helping people out. If you want me to remove any of my replys not related to your jetting. just let me know. Any mod or admin can help you with that aswell to de-clutter your threads. As long as its not censoring anyone or removing peoples posts because you dont like them or what they said. We will be glad to help.

• Like 2

Well gents. It's time to start this engine lol! 

Over the past few days I have received a bit of goodies to rebuild the carb and swap the jets in question. I wont bore with the carb rebuild process, but will answer questions as needed. Parts list will be noted.

Ok this is the best thing I have done to this little bike yet!

Thank all who have assisted with this project. The engine purrs... sounds more like the little chopper that could lol! Runs like butter. Throttle response is way better.

***Note to anyone who finds this.***

If you try to run this engine without a filter box you will run lean while idle. No way around that unless you apply the choke. The carb will want to pull fuel out of the main jet and you likely will see it spitting out the carb. I tried the new float and needle first. I used the q-tip and metal polish trick to clean the needle seat and bore. Figured may as well get it cleaned up while in there.

The air screw adjustment responds well with no spitting out the carb at all. It only chokes the engine when it is "fully seated" in a clockwise manner.

Now on to the next line items/ mods here's a peak... if it looks odd. Let's just say it is out of place🙂

20221209_195525.jpg

20221209_195133.jpg

Edited by Snow Camo