Fishfiles

December 7 1941

I've found reading on the subject interesting.  Japanese pilots have said that they weren't told it was a sneak attack.  They were under the impression that war had been declared, and felt that the sucker punch they did was dishonorable.

Also seems that FDR knew the attack was coming, but did nothing, because he knew it would change sentiment in the US about getting involved in another World War if we were directly attacked.

Both of those things reinforce what I've learned as I have aged; politicians are always scum of the earth.  Sneaky, dishonest, and the rest of us always pay for their scumbaggery.

My grandfather ran the primary flying school in Helena Arkansas during the war.  He was from Rockford IL.  He met my grandmother who was a local at one of the dances they set up for the servicemen.  They married, and lived in Helena for most of the war.  He always wanted to fly fighters, but he had quite a bit of flying experience before the war started, and the Army wanted him teaching and not in action.  As the war wound down, the flying school shut down, and he was put into the B29 program.  He flew off of Tinian late in the war, bombing Japan. 

log.jpg

turret.jpg

window.jpg

Devilish snooks.jpg

airborne.jpg

hooch.jpg

Jackcrew.jpg

• Like 3

Some from the flying school.  I still have a PT19 prop on the wall in my den.  If they had any kind of prop strike at all, they scrapped the propeller.  I believe the one on my wall was from a student hitting a barbed wire fence.  Prop is still pretty wood, but they wouldn't use it just in case it was structurally damaged.

Helena new.jpg

JackT6.jpg

Loading Up.jpg

onthewing.jpg

PT19.jpg

T6.jpg

tower.jpg

Carnage.jpg

landinggear.jpg

Thatwillbuffout.jpg

• Like 3

Well this is ironic ...... Just last night i was digging around in the forums.... And came up on that thread (this day in history) i think that's the title.... And you posted this talk about strange..... Lol! Hm........ Mind control ? Lol! I just had to comment.... It's strange how things happen... We might need a thread what am i thinking now ? With me it's simple ......ladies! 90% of the time....

• Like 2

However, he added, he and his shipmates were told that Japan would announce a declaration of war before the attack to warn people.

It wasnt for more than 20 years that he learned the people he attacked were not aware they were at war.

Such warning was essential, he added, under Japans warrior code, called bushido, which emphasizes honor and virtue among warriors and condemns surprise attacks and unfair battles.

https://www.stripes.com/news/pearl-harbor-pilot-says-infamous-attack-dishonored-japan-1.36553

You find other Japanese pilots who seem to counter this opinion, and say that they were relieved to find the Americans caught completely by surprise.

Either way, the politician scumbags were responsible for all of it. 

• Like 2

Diff times for sure. I watch those shows on  WWII & older wars a lot. This pic i found a few years ago i thought was interesting as its the Japanese view of it happening. Funny how the times have changed & now we can see how it was from both the Nazi's & Japs POV,

japp.jpg

• Like 1

I have read and heard it said many times now.  The USA had broke the Japanese code and knew the attack on Pearle was coming and the president let it happen.  He should have been brought up on treason it that was true.  So many lives lost.