XplicitRacing6

Fly wheel puller

Mine is a bolt i purchased from a john deere dealer. Its a crank bolt for one of there tractors. It is grade 10 and i have used it probably 50 or 60 times. Cant remember where i found the info for it like thread pitch and stuff though.

13 hours ago, SlammedRanger said:

Mine is a bolt i purchased from a john deere dealer. Its a crank bolt for one of there tractors. It is grade 10 and i have used it probably 50 or 60 times. Cant remember where i found the info for it like thread pitch and stuff though.

Hope you didn't do any damages, or if your doing what I think you may be doing if so that's fine long as no damage happens.  I thought you were prying on the flywheel and hitting the bolt dead center. That's a good way to get em off though long as one is careful.

Edited by F250 guy

1 hour ago, F250 guy said:

Hope you didn't do any damages, or if your doing what I think you may be doing if so that's fine long as no damage happens.  I thought you were prying on the flywheel and hitting the bolt dead center. That's a good way to get em off though long as one is careful.

Nah no damage done. The 400ex flywheel puller from honda is just a bolt. They have threads in the flywheel that when you put a bolt in will push against the crank snout and force it off. The flywheel on a 400ex is on there with the force of god. I used to use in impact with a 3 jaw puller but one came off so agressively it almost broke my hand. At that point i purchased the bolt and havent looked back.

• Like 1

Using a bolt or the puller I just tighten it down decent and give it one good smack with a hammer at the end of the puller. 9 times out of 10 that's all it takes to break it free..

• Like 4