Fredm21

05-06 foreman 500 ES Bypass Wanted

Hi, I need a ES bypass harness kit for my foreman 500 2005-2006. I’m from canada ans I’ll pay the shipping fee’s + extra money for your time. I need it rush please. Got a defective oem sensor from Honda and they are now B/O. Thank you

I just looked thru E-Bay and there are many 350s and 450s kits available  , but nor one  500 kit ---- you could keep searching , there could be some place that has one in stock -----  I think if I couldn't find one , I might venture buying a 350 or 450 harness and modifying it for the 500 -----

The other option would be to fix it right ---- start a thread and describe your   problem ,  we have some guys here that are very knowledgeable with the ES , I know it sounds like you don't have time ----- patience is a virtue 

3 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I just looked thru E-Bay and there are many 350s and 450s kits available  , but nor one  500 kit ---- you could keep searching , there could be some place that has one in stock -----  I think if I couldn't find one , I might venture buying a 350 or 450 harness and modifying it for the 500 -----

The other option would be to fix it right ---- start a thread and describe your   problem ,  we have some guys here that are very knowledgeable with the ES , I know it sounds like you don't have time ----- patience is a virtue 

I would prefer an oem fix. But the sensor I got from Honda seems defective, correct me if I’m wrong. I don’t get any resistance between pin 1 to 3 and 5 VDC dont change when I turn the sensor. I can get a new sensor in 2-3 weeks. I made a post and didn’t get much help unfortunately, I can wait, i bought this quad for my kids. 

I would prefer an oem fix 100%. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fredm21 said:

I would prefer an oem fix. But the sensor I got from Honda seems defective, correct me if I’m wrong. I don’t get any resistance between pin 1 to 3 and 5 VDC dont change when I turn the sensor. I can get a new sensor in 2-3 weeks. I made a post and didn’t get much help unfortunately, I can wait, i bought this quad for my kids. 

I would prefer an oem fix 100%. 

I'm no help , I'm  a foot shift guy -------  but I am sure someone with know how will be along >>>>  @toodeep

@retro is the man to talk to about fixing the ES system on these things.  Hopefully he can help you troubleshoot what you have.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, retro said:

Hi @Fredm21, Been expecting your response in your other thread.

Hi retro I’m waiting to get my quad back. I’m getting the frame rebuilt due to heavy rust damage. I should be able to reply Tuesday. Thank you 

25DAE6CA-2E4A-4C68-B1C1-AB2A8206E78E.jpeg

Sounds good Fredm21. We're beginning testing by verifying that there is battery power and a ground in the ECM connector, Then verifying that the shift motor operates by applying power to the motor via the ECM connector. We'll check the angle sensor and the shift switches next but lets stick to one thread for those tests. The product you are asking about is a cobble anyway. Costs the same in time and money to diagnose the problem and fix it right.