Robert Hogg

2006 Honda rancher 350 display repair

I need a honda 350 es display or mine repaired. I'm in Longview tx 75604

20221208_104428.jpg

20221208_104419.jpg

Edited by Robert Hogg
Remove phone number

Welcome to the site !    We got the  guy who is the wizard of display repairs  , I am going to hail him right now @AKATV  ------------- not the best idea putting your phone number up on the thread , if you want I can hide it  and you can give it to AKATV via private message

4 minutes ago, Robert Hogg said:

I seen his post but the site wouldn't let me contact him without making a post.  Thank you 

I think you need to post a couple of times before you can do a private message , he will be along 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Robert Hogg said:

I need a honda 350 es display or mine repaired. I'm in Longview tx 75604

20221208_104428.jpg

20221208_104419.jpg

Welcome to the forum  Rpbert and Happy Holidays!

I can get you taken care of, thanks for the picture, it really helps a lot

I will send My contact information to you if you would like to contact me for a repair.

AKATV

• Like 1

AKATV, please send me your contact information. I have the same problem. I tried to repair it myself but can't put it back together correctly. 

16746817376032286003574880646070.jpg

I replied to you other duplicate message,

and have sent contact information to you message box as well

-AKATV

Thank you! Sorry for the duplicate message. Didn't realize the first one posted. 

Hello, I am new to this, so please bear with me.  I too have a display that needs to be repaired or replaced.  Its on a 2003 Honda Rancher 350 ES.  I hope someone will be able to help me out here.  Thanks in advance.

Rancher Display.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

it looks like you might have a bit of a power issue there, I’m not sure if your display is powering up properly?

Can you see any hint of numbers on your screen?

You need to make sure that you have 12 V on your red wire with black stripe and 12 volts on your brown wire with black stripe going to your speedometer

The green wire is your ground 

you want to check those down at the lower gray plug first and then you can check them up top at the speedometer if you remove the top cover

If you do have a trace of numbers on your display  it is powering up properly

and I can repair your display for you but at this point it appears as a power or circuit board issue

You might wanna go ahead and remove the top cover and make sure you don’t have any water damage as well I tend to see that a lot when they display like this

But as clean as your speedometer looks it doesn’t appear to have any water intrusion from the outside at least

Edited by AKATV

Thanks for the quick reply.  I will check out the power supply this weekend and let you know how it comes out.  The Rancher has been garage kept its entire life.  I don't think it has a water issue, but I'll take a look and see if I can identify anything.  Thanks again

26 minutes ago, Razorhog said:

Thanks for the quick reply.  I will check out the power supply this weekend and let you know how it comes out.  The Rancher has been garage kept its entire life.  I don't think it has a water issue, but I'll take a look and see if I can identify anything.  Thanks again

Welcome to the forum Razor '

Sometimes the easiest things get overlooked , I would bet you checked the fuses already  -----   when I am having an issue , I will check my fuses with a test light on both sides of the fuse , tells me two things ,  if there is power to the fuse and thru the fuse --- sometimes the fuse can be good , but have a bad connection in the fuse box holder terminals 

• Like 1

Thanks Fishflies, I did check the fuses using a light.  Everything checked out and was ok.  Thanks for helping me stay focused by checking all avenues including the easy ones.

On 1/26/2023 at 9:07 PM, AKATV said:

Welcome to the forum!

it looks like you might have a bit of a power issue there, I’m not sure if your display is powering up properly?

Can you see any hint of numbers on your screen?

You need to make sure that you have 12 V on your red wire with black stripe and 12 volts on your brown wire with black stripe going to your speedometer

The green wire is your ground 

you want to check those down at the lower gray plug first and then you can check them up top at the speedometer if you remove the top cover

If you do have a trace of numbers on your display  it is powering up properly

and I can repair your display for you but at this point it appears as a power or circuit board issue

You might wanna go ahead and remove the top cover and make sure you don’t have any water damage as well I tend to see that a lot when they display like this

But as clean as your speedometer looks it doesn’t appear to have any water intrusion from the outside at least

I was able to get some voltage readings. The red wire has approx 12v at both locations.  I did not see a brown wire with a black stripe, so I tested the solid brown wire and there was 0 volts.  I saw a black wire with a brown stripe so I tested it and it had approx 12v at both locations.  I did not see any indication of water intrusion or corrosion.  I have included a couple of pictures so you can see the inside of the display.  Do you have any recommendations on what I should do next. 

Rancher Display 1.jpg

Rancher display 2.jpg

If you look on back of circuit card on the smaller plug, you will see green wire to the inside, that is your ground

Beside it are the two wires that should have battery voltage, one constant, one with key on

If you have voltages then you most likely have a failed CPU chip on the card, I see it quite often

Let me know what you find

2 hours ago, AKATV said:

If you look on back of circuit card on the smaller plug, you will see green wire to the inside, that is your ground

Beside it are the two wires that should have battery voltage, one constant, one with key on

If you have voltages then you most likely have a failed CPU chip on the card, I see it quite often

Let me know what you find

I was able to verify that there is voltage on the two wires.  The first one is constant and the second one appears when the key is turned on.  If I have a failed CPU chip what are my options.  Is that something that you can repair or will I have to get a new unit.  Thanks for your help on this.

Most likely I will have to source you a good used circuit card, you’re not going to find a new unit, as Honda has discontinued these years ago and they’ve been unavailable for quite some time

I sent my contact information to your message box if you’d like to contact me 

40 minutes ago, AKATV said:

Most likely I will have to source you a good used circuit card, you’re not going to find a new unit, as Honda has discontinued these years ago and they’ve been unavailable for quite some time

I sent my contact information to your message box if you’d like to contact me 

I do not have any messages in my message inbox.  Is there a delay in getting the information since I am new?

Hey .. @Razorhog . You have to accumulate a number of post before. Before You can send or receive PM's i don't. Know exactly what that number is but it should be 10 or less.... 

Welcome  to the forums!