Outnback

Another Newbie

Howdy Folks,

Another Newbie here! Ride primarily in South Dakota. Great site ya have!

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you made it over here. The SXS section is pretty small but we can make it grow when/if it's needed. There's a great group of members on here and a lot more active than the pioneer forum.

• Like 1

Toodeep, you dragging SXS people on here?  WTH!

Kidding!

The wife has made noises about a SXS, since she just likes to ride and drink.  I've been waiting for some of them to get old enough to get trashed and abandoned so I can pick one up cheap and build it.

Welcome to the forum.  What Pioneer do you have?  The 1000's haven't been well received here.  Everyone is going Can-AM now.  My nearest dealership started with Honda back in the day, and picked up Can Am a few years ago, and is now the biggest Can Am dealer in this part of the country.

• Like 1

Hey outnback welcome to our new but growing forum.   Sounds like you had some help to drag you in from another SD guy here...lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

Welcome to the forum.  What Pioneer do you have?  The 1000's haven't been well received here.  Everyone is going Can-AM now.  My nearest dealership started with Honda back in the day, and picked up Can Am a few years ago, and is now the biggest Can Am dealer in this part of the country.

Well, sorta, I'm new to the SxS myself. I went looking for information on modifications and add on's. He invited me to check this forum out.

Now quads, that's different. My wife came home in 2002 with a brand new Polaris 500. My first impression was WTH!:classic_huh:  She was in her 50's at that time. Not to be outdone, :classic_blush: in '03 I bought a Polaris 500 6X6. :classic_love:You talk about a "go anywhere machine". Ever seen a  300+ inch maybe 1000 lb. bull elk loaded in the dump box of one of these ??  At the time I was working for/with an Elk Outfitter in Colorado. I just got tired of messing with all the regulations on hauling horses. Fast forward a decade, and two more Polaris 500 with EPS are parked in the garage.  Oh! my wife wants to sell her 2002, and I quote  "It's Wore Out" !! :classic_sad:  Last time I checked, it had 110 hours on it!  :classic_rolleyes:

Then in 2018 I lost the use of my right arm and the left one has been junk since '06.  Don't get old, you ain't going to like it !!   Soooo  now I am the proud owner of a 2018 Honda Pioneer 700-4. Another good machine, let's see, that's 5 rigs for 2 old farts. :classic_ohmy:  Started getting it set up last summer for the up coming hunting season. My "Hunting Buddy" is 81. We need backup and dependability out of any equipment we use. I looked at the Can Am's (Great Machine) but figured the Honda was a better fit for me. 

Edited by Outnback
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

I was feeling lonely being the only one with ROPS around here.. lol  He could have used this forum in the past to bounce a few ideas off of. The other forum is beyond dead and sometimes it takes more than just me to give ideas and answers. That and sharing certain things is easier online vs the phone.

Good people need a good forum and that's why we are all here.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Outnback said:

Well, sorta, I'm new to the SxS myself. I went looking for information on modifications and add on's. He invited me to check this forum out.

Now quads, that's different. My wife came home in 2002 with a brand new Polaris 500. My first impression was WTH!:classic_huh:  She was in her 50's at that time. Not to be outdone, :classic_blush: in '03 I bought a Polaris 500 6X6. :classic_love:You talk about a "go anywhere machine". Ever seen a  300+ inch maybe 1000 lb. bull elk loaded in the dump box of one of these ??  At the time I was working for/with an Elk Outfitter in Colorado. I just got tired of messing with all the regulations on hauling horses. Fast forward a decade, and two more Polaris 500 with EPS are parked in the garage.  Oh! my wife wants to sell her 2002, and I quote  "It's Wore Out" !! :classic_sad:  Last time I checked, it had 110 hours on it!  :classic_rolleyes:

Then in 2018 I lost the use of my right arm and the left one has been junk since '06.  Don't get old, you ain't going to like it !!   Soooo  now I am the proud owner of a 2018 Honda Pioneer 700-4. Another good machine, let's see, that's 5 rigs for 2 old farts. :classic_ohmy:  Started getting it set up last summer for the up coming hunting season. My "Hunting Buddy" is 81. We need backup and dependability out of any equipment we use. I looked at the Can Am's (Great Machine) but figured the Honda was a better fit for me. 

I hear getting old isn't for the faint of heart

The 700 has the same engine as the Rincon.  I attempted to rebuild one of those for a buddy.  Got it torn down, cleaned it out (he sank it 3-4 times) and put back together with a new top end.  Ran fine for awhile, then stopped pulling and he had to take it to the actual Honda shop as I told him I didn't want to see it again.  They put a new oil pump in it and it's going strong again.

Not a fan of working on them, but they do hold up to a LOT of abuse.  He sank that one several times, and he stays on the rev limiter when he rides it, so I'm sold on them for durability.  Not crazy about the 3 speed.

The Pioneer 1000's seem to have gremlins of their own so I might bite on a 700 if the right one comes along.  These days I'm not getting much wrench time so not looking too hard for anything.

• Like 1

Welcome  to atvhonda !!! -- I would like to have a utv , I could carry a bigger ice chest ( more beer ) and have room for more speakers / bigger amps and I could bring the wife along with me , so she don't bust up the atvs  , but the trails we ride are too tight for a full size utv 

I think your wife is right 110 hours on a Polaris is "WORN OUT " , and being it's a 2002 it should be in the Smithsonian Museum and not on the trails , LOL 

• Like 2