Snow Camo

Spark plug talk.

37 minutes ago, Snow Camo said:

Good deal. I will route it as such. I do not plan to go mudding with this little quad. It will be a dirt thrower lol

Just to make sure you know what is going on with the two hoses , the  carb vent tube is #16 in the pic below , that hose / tube you can route upwards to add protection if the atv was ever ran into water --------  #12 is the overflow / drain hose , it needs to stay facing down below the carb , so if the float sticks and the carb overflows , the gas  has somewhere to go and not overflow into the cylinder , also the drain hose lets gas flow when the drain screw is opened , say to drain water accumulation that might have occured ---- I am very surprised  the finche doesn't show a check valve on the drain / overfow hose as the 200SXs I had had checks 

image.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Just to make sure you know what is going on with the two hoses , the  carb vent tube is #16 in the pic below , that hose / tube you can route upwards to add protection if the atv was ever ran into water --------  #12 is the overflow / drain hose , it needs to stay facing down below the carb , so if the float sticks and the carb overflows , the gas  has somewhere to go and not overflow into the cylinder , also the drain hose lets gas flow when the drain screw is opened , say to drain water accumulation that might have occured ---- I am very surprised  the finche doesn't show a check valve on the drain / overfow hose as the 200SXs I had had checks 

image.png

Thanks man! 

On 12/24/2022 at 10:03 AM, Fishfiles said:

wow , looks like you need a rebuild to me , did you ever do a compression test 

Well after trying out the new muffler I notice a puff of blue grey smoke on start up.  Looks like I will plan a rebuild.  I'm gonna go big lol. It could just be the valve seals, but I may as well plan a rebuild. I will order the compression tester this week.

I plan to find the largest piston available. I fear that may bring heat issues,  but hopefully i can get a cam ground that keeps the dynamic compression between 7.5-8.2. I'll have to see what web can do about that.  Hopefully web will do a custom grind to get the dynamic comp where needed.  

The largest piston I found is Namura 67.47 comp not listed, so i will have to find out. Wiesco  is 65.95. 10.25.1 comp.

Anyone think going with the largest piston is a bad idea? Besides going with the well known wiesco piston does going with the larger Namura piston pose any issues?

I am planning ahead, so time is on my side. 

After having a namura piston snap a skirt off on a blaster and destroy everything like a bomb went off in it. I have never used them again. Wiseco on the other hand i have personally installed 10 or more. Great quality pistons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well that scratches namura off the list! I'll just stick with whatever I find needs replacement or sent off to be worked.

37 minutes ago, Snow Camo said:

Shindy seems like they have been around forever in the atv world. Cheap too. That's always good.

I try to use Japanese parts on Japanese machines.  Haven't had any issues with them.

I do have to use a Namura occasionally as Shindy only goes to 1.00 oversized on the Foreman 500, and Namura makes a 1.5 oversize.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

I try to use Japanese parts on Japanese machines.  Haven't had any issues with them.

I do have to use a Namura occasionally as Shindy only goes to 1.00 oversized on the Foreman 500, and Namura makes a 1.5 oversize.

One thing I noticed After looking up namura piston reviews is most were older reviews. One thing that stood out is someone noted namura pistons are cast vs wirsco forged. I figure it is the thin castings that atribute to the past failures. Have you had any piston issues?

I haven’t had any issues. Factory Honda pistons are cast so I figure if it’s good enough for Honda it’s good enough for me

2 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

I haven’t had any issues. Factory Honda pistons are cast so I figure if it’s good enough for Honda it’s good enough for me

I thought the same. I have used cast pistons in the past for vehicle applications. Well some manufacturers make cheap products I guess.