Wheeler

I change Tires Like Underwear!

Well I’m at it again! Wanting new rubber for next spring. 

I think I’m going back to Zillas. (26x11x12 & 26x9x12)

I love my Executioners at 26lbs (26x10x12) each, but to save almost 20lbs of rotational mass is a big deal… 

I want Swamp Lites which are now being made again, but at 27lb a tire (26x10x12) is crazy. 

I also want BigHorn 2.0s. Again the weight is more than I want to spin…

so the logical option for my weight saving plan is the Zillas… I loved them before, & should live them again!

• Like 2

I have 27 Mudzillas on my 92 Blue 300 and 27 Swamplites on the wife's pink 90/96 300 , I like both tires , but  54% reduction makes things different ---- if I were going after new tires , it would be Outlaw 3s - 28 skinny's , bed lock them and throw the air away 

• Like 2

Learn something new everyday ..... I never thought about not needing air pressure with small bead locks..... Thanks for bringing this up fish. 

• Like 1

I guess I should have mentioned that  my riding style is a mix of trail/mud/rock/gravel mountains. 

The quad is purpose built to get thru anything I ever encounter. I go A LOT by myself into the middle of the foothills hunting. (Always carry a plug kit & compressor) have the Locker & winch. I try to avoid mud at all costs, but get into the muskeg a fair amount on some trails I ride. 

Trails/Hard pack/gravel 80%
Mud/Skeg 20%

• Like 2

17 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Mudbugs 

you know I’ve never run them before & actually forgot about those. I had a buddy who swore by them. I’ll give those a good research today!  I always you e the crap when doing so! Thx @jeepwm69

• Like 2

@jeepwm69 Don't they have the long bar short bar agricultural tread pattern ? Looks kind of like the old wooly booger tire minus the knobbies..but a much deeper cleat ? I've never seen them in person... Being 90% of the riders here where i live are die hard mudlite at owners .... Back  years ago brushhog (friend of mine) had buckshot tires all the way round on an 86 trx359 tank.... And went with a set of boogers... And that thing became almost unstoppable after that, it was (i believe) before mudlites hit the market...... On my 250a i also updated to a set of boogers.....made  A world of deference.... Compaired to the turf trac rubber it had when i purchase it... LJ is a diehard mudlite at supporter.... And on my 97.... I might update to mudbugs or! Put the mudlites on the 97 and mudbugs (being new) on the 00 300.... Choices choices.... But I'm in no hurry... Just spitballing ideas ... 

• Like 1

Yep. More of a flat paddle than the zilla.  Work well in the Mississippi River gumbo.

Lightweight like a zilla too.

97B9CA62-2A9C-4CF6-B4EF-795136F1571E.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've decided after doing more research, that I am in fact going back with the Zillas for the weight savings... But wow they have gone up in price since last time I've bought a set... 

I choose these because the weight savings will compliment the new 400BBK. Mud Bugs do look & seem to perform well. I've talked with a few people who have run them....

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1