1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Whether or not they even made some cranks with a removable gear I don't know , I do know  ,  when I first got into 300s and needed a crank , the parts prints showed the crank with the gear being removable and a part number for that gear , but now the prints have been revised and the gear is no longer shown 

Well that sucks about the schematics.  Probably changed when the part was discontinued/superceded

Decided to get back at it today as parts have been sitting here for weeks. I want to start fresh with new seals so I KNOW what I have. Got a few things replaced today…still working on replacing more seals..

562142C6-9442-4017-84D0-429819E14F23.jpeg

F564889C-E177-41EB-9D77-5039C5FA1F2A.jpeg

B753930E-FF05-412F-BC39-4C9CAB92BD68.jpeg

DB08F6BF-F2AD-4DC4-BDBD-83A74AFDB195.jpeg

1D316914-22BD-42CD-9F88-5C178CCF64F8.jpeg

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 1

Not a piece of dirt in the oil screen! I snapped the shifter bolt off, the rear 8mm bolt on the cylinder was total rusted & I had to use kroil & work it so it didn’t snap. One clutch cover bolt was corroded bad as well. They will all be getting cleaned up.  

F8A42AD9-FD1F-43DC-8437-8C4A959D0040.jpeg

6EDF2233-B7CD-4D34-BD8D-6C0CF94D9749.jpeg

3D377C13-BADC-4E23-8402-EAFC92DE9C39.jpeg

5B6093FB-9C38-4CFE-B9E2-F7C02C946ED1.jpeg

94AED147-2967-46DC-B23D-B96665A4B7E9.jpeg

9579FC8C-3AFE-43B8-BF00-8FD51522AAA5.jpeg

6868C9A8-61AC-4ABF-A2C7-7E5E35EF50C8.jpeg

C27936DC-FB77-47C5-AD22-7A7C2DAA94AD.jpeg

• Like 5

Gonna drop the head off tomorrow at machine shop. Have new valves, seals, & springs to install, so I’m going with 5angle valve job, port & polish the intake & exhaust. Want to really make sure this mini beast flows!  

• Like 3

Well I dropped the head off. Best they can do is a 4 angle valve job, & they don’t port & polish due to time restrains. It’s a very busy shop. He did say he would do what he could for me though. This is the same shop that did my head on my 355bbk. 

• Like 2

Ordered the centrifugal clutch as well as new rear hubs. Cam & Rockers shipped today. She’s slowly coming together. 

• Like 3

More goodies arriving…

Only thing left is get the head back, & get er all together. Oh & an oil cooler..

seeing how I’m now unemployed, I should have lots of time to work on it!

ACC47718-4808-4BB0-BDCD-30001F5C9419.jpeg

A750E575-B220-4C93-902F-52539285FAB4.jpeg

0648B622-4EC8-4686-A088-E5D7C1D037B7.jpeg

F3A45735-4C23-4459-B432-B821982D8F5A.jpeg

00B7DD53-1F77-4915-85CF-3C2A095B9093.jpeg

6C0A796B-F9A5-485E-8261-7FB5CF7B35C3.jpeg

image.jpg

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Wheeler said:

seeing how I’m now unemployed, I should have lots of time to work on it!

So what happened there?  Your decision hopefully.

If you don't want to elaborate I understand, but you did kinda throw it in the middle of the post.

53 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

So what happened there?  Your decision hopefully.

If you don't want to elaborate I understand, but you did kinda throw it in the middle of the post.

sure wasn’t my decision. Once I was cleared for full duty from short term disability, I was let go. Very large severance though… 7.5yrs with the company..

23 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

sure wasn’t my decision. Once I was cleared for full duty from short term disability, I was let go. Very large severance though… 7.5yrs with the company..

Well that sucks.  Glad you got some severance though.  Hope you find something even better!

• Like 2

In garage working on ole girl… so much to do.. but I’ll just pick away.. gonna start on clutches next… new hubs fit wayy tighter. Added some blue lock tight to the nut as well. Want to re bedline the rims now too lol. 

I’m gonna really have to get my butt in gear & commit to getting the quad back up & running to where I want it. Spring is now here, & I’m far from ready…

image.jpg

• Like 4

lil Amsoil for the clutch presoak…

4F862206-947C-49A5-A889-E3BA84F035A4.jpeg

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wheeler said:

In garage working on ole girl… so much to do.. but I’ll just pick away.. gonna start on clutches next… new hubs fit wayy tighter. Added some blue lock tight to the nut as well. Want to re bedline the rims now too lol. 

I’m gonna really have to get my butt in gear & commit to getting the quad back up & running to where I want it. Spring is now here, & I’m far from ready…

image.jpg

Coming along! Every time i see that right side... It gets my attention lol! 

• Like 1

If I built a motor like that I'd take it out and sink it the first time I rode it.  That's just how it goes for me.  I can ride a smoking beater for years with no mishaps.  You put me on a fresh rebuild with custom parts, and that thing is doomed.

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

If I built a motor like that I'd take it out and sink it the first time I rode it.  That's just how it goes for me.  I can ride a smoking beater for years with no mishaps.  You put me on a fresh rebuild with custom parts, and that thing is doomed.

i don’t ride deep mud or water. Mines built for forest roads & trails. Now keep in mind my version of trails is mostly seismic lines. So they really aren’t atv trails if u know what they are. So I need to be able to get thru muskeg/mud/bogs/mountain hill trails ect. I def won’t trash it as I never have.. that’s why she stays in top top shape for the year! Lol

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

You gotta let that stuck tractor incident go....lol! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Finally back at er. Got the clutch case all clean & prepped for reinstall. New reverse/kick start seal. New o-ring for oil pump seal. New oil filter & took apart & cleaned the bolt/nut for the clutch adjustment. 

Now to start on removing the clutch, clean up the case, replace them & chain & get case back on!

before & after with new Highlifter springs. Wow they are a pain to install!!!

39886FE0-8F08-4E60-8F8D-40A9BED21A02.jpeg

7E0ADBD3-1649-4E09-819C-827C2031D7CC.jpeg

image.jpg

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 3

Got the base gasket all removed & cleaned up, side case all cleaned up. Go to open up the new BR250 chain to install.. Well jeezzzz... its just a hot cam brand OEM chain. They aren't open until Tue am to return it & order the new one... this is a big set back & ssiP off!!!! I'll be picking up my 424 bearings & seals tomorrow, & will at least be able to get that rebuilt.. 

• Like 3

Made headway this am! 

Clutches installed. Washers facing right way, everything lock tight & torqued to spec. Discs & plates move freely. In good shape!!

IMG_2968.jpeg

• Like 2

I verified all washers in place, dots lined up, moly assembly lube added where need be… think I’m finally ready to close the ole girl up..

IMG_2975.jpeg

• Like 3

Case is on.. & all bolts torqued. Won’t have time for piston/jug today…

IMG_2976.jpeg

• Like 4

Picked up the head. Looked great till I got home. They were supposed to tap out the snapped bolt. So it will go back & they apologized. But other than that, looks great! I’m pretty much ready to get er together!

IMG_2990.jpeg

IMG_2989.jpeg

• Like 3