JSehon

2004 Rancher 350 rear shock length adjustment question

I recently replaced the rear shock on my '04 Rancher ES, but after fitting a cargo rack on the back it's sagging a bit more than I'd like. Then you add add work gear occasionally, and various 50 lbs. sacks on feed as needed, this sags a LOT. So I know I need to adjust the spring but my question is, will adjusting the length alone be sufficient? I'm afraid making it longer will allow less tension in the spring itself, thereby allowing it continue to sag. Or am I overthinking this?

Obviously when you put 300 lbs. deer corn on the back it's gonna sag, but I'd like to mitigate some of that if I could.

I'm open to and all suggestions, so any advice or recommendations y'all can throw my way are appreciated.

In my opinion, the best way to mitigate sag in your case is to pull a wagon/small trailer behind it. You can adjust the rear shock but it’s gonna ride more stiff…specifically in the scenario afterwards (when there’s no feed on the back), gonna buck you around a little more, but best way to do these things is trial and error. Multiple people can have multiple opinions.

everyone has an opinion on this subject...mine is get some air shocks, raise the pressure for load and let air out for normal riding... no more problems, have a great day...derf