jeepwm69

What are you working on?

WOW.  that thing is torched.

05-11 Foreman, right?

Which seal was it?  Front output?

Working in installing my new locker. Found a bad ballpoint in process. So this ole girl gonna get one good going over!!!

38935884-33E7-4D5B-9AA4-37C69D552F8D.jpeg

2ADDB52F-1E5E-4680-9088-A71A74E96A1A.jpeg

EE2BD399-2219-49DC-883B-24EF6B8C4348.jpeg

DBF9CBF8-9BF9-4C38-AD5E-17487631B1B9.jpeg

84A4D6E7-2ADB-4BA5-BE10-D2CEEA0289D6.jpeg

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

WOW.  that thing is torched.

05-11 Foreman, right?

Which seal was it?  Front output?

Shifter shaft seal. 08 500 FPE. That cheap, easy to change seal has ruined a lot of machines because people don't catch it or check their oil.

• Like 1

image.png 

Honda tuff , it held together  beyond what could have been expected of it ----- that rod looks twisted up 3 different ways 

13 minutes ago, toodeep said:

Shifter shaft seal. 08 500 FPE. That cheap, easy to change seal has ruined a lot of machines because people don't catch it or check their oil.

You'd think they'd notice the oil leaking.....

New Vesrah rod, new seals, new low gearset, and new top end and she'll be rolling again.

They want to fix it and it will go back to all new OEM (they are paying the tab). These guys about live on the machines and they are parked in different places all the time (grass, gravel or dirt) so a little leak isn't that noticeable (especially during the wet/snow season). They also spend 2-3 hours every trip out in the lots checking cattle, fences, etc so if it happens while they are out it's not easy to notice. I can blame them but at the same time I can understand how it happens.

@Fishfiles yep, that rod took a beating and surprisingly everything held together pretty good (I still have to see what kind of damage is in the bottom end).

1 hour ago, toodeep said:

They want to fix it and it will go back to all new OEM (they are paying the tab). These guys about live on the machines and they are parked in different places all the time (grass, gravel or dirt) so a little leak isn't that noticeable (especially during the wet/snow season). They also spend 2-3 hours every trip out in the lots checking cattle, fences, etc so if it happens while they are out it's not easy to notice. I can blame them but at the same time I can understand how it happens.

@Fishfiles yep, that rod took a beating and surprisingly everything held together pretty good (I still have to see what kind of damage is in the bottom end).

Now that Vesrah makes a rod kit for these things, you can get the crank rebuilt for about $220.  Rod kit is only about $100 (you might be able to get them cheaper with your shop), and Vince charges $120 for labor AND return shipping.  Is a crank rebuild something your shop could do or would you send something like that off? 

They going to buy a new cylinder or try to have you bore that one?

I have to send everything off for that kind of stuff. I do all new OEM parts on customer stuff that way if something goes wrong there are only 2 of us in the mix. I got burned bad on some cylinder bores and rebuilt parts in the past so now I make them spend the extra so I don't loose money on a job. I guarantee my work 100% so if I get a bad part it can cost me some $$$. 

• Like 1

Working on a yamaha v-star 1100 for a buddy. Wouldnt take any throttle without stalling. Pulled the carbs and cleaned everything up. Main jets were clogged. She runs A-1 now!

20200328_154135.jpg

20200328_162917.jpg

• Like 1

Getting all kinda of goofy side jobs. This is a carb off my dads vw dunebuggy. Needed cleaned and rebuilt.

Wish i had a before and after pic. This thing was a mess. Looked like it was thrown in a bucket of thick grease when he brought it over. My parts washer is quickly turning into my favorite tool in the garage! LoL

20191127_155908.jpg

20191127_155858.jpg

• Like 1

Picked up an H2 SX a little while ago, this week should be getting a slip on pipe & going to flash the ECU as well.. Hopefully 220RWHP when done.

H2 o.jpg

• Like 3

just a measely bit of work on my part, but my old 1979 CT90 had been sitting in the garage since back around Christmas.. rear tire tube leak at the stem, so couldn't patch and kept meaning to order new tubes...anyway..always seemed to be something else to do with my free time..finally this week I ordered and received a couple tubes...dang if I didn't pinch one putting it on..but got it right the second time...was a good time to clean brake, adjust chain tension etc....and then....would it start after sitting for 3 months?....battery still strong...3 kicks...varrrooooom!  

enjoyed cruising the deserted back country roads and a bit of trail time out back on my property...I really missed riding that woefully underpowered little japanese wonder machine!

• Like 2

Picked up new projects Saturday.  Finishing up the yellow one before I dig into them.

bikes2.JPG

yard.JPG

• Like 2

Machine wise(not including the toilet), today i gave my bud a hand removing the rear bushing shafts to check inspect on his Brute Force, no grease from the factory so they all need replacing -_- 😑

Then took the Rincon all apart to check the valve clearance as the machine is still kinda unfamiliar to me maint/wise. I think i did them 2 years ago when i got it, they were all in spec, so i left them alone. 😆

Edited by ATC4ever
  • Like 3

I got a big pile of furnishings, kitchenware, tools etc. ready to move into my son's new hunting/trapping cabin he closes on Friday. I can't even get my boat out of the building. But hey, ruffed grouse (my favorite) and other small game seasons open here Saturday. My hunting shack is about 9 miles as the Pelosi .... I mean crow flies from his. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 3/30/2020 at 9:33 AM, Bighanded said:

just a measely bit of work on my part, but my old 1979 CT90 had been sitting in the garage since back around Christmas.. rear tire tube leak at the stem, so couldn't patch and kept meaning to order new tubes...anyway..always seemed to be something else to do with my free time..finally this week I ordered and received a couple tubes...dang if I didn't pinch one putting it on..but got it right the second time...was a good time to clean brake, adjust chain tension etc....and then....would it start after sitting for 3 months?....battery still strong...3 kicks...varrrooooom!  

enjoyed cruising the deserted back country roads and a bit of trail time out back on my property...I really missed riding that woefully underpowered little japanese wonder machine!

I had a 1973 CT70 and rode it to high school , had a lot of fun with that one , that bike really got me started in mechanics , as it went to smoking and my grandfather bought a manual and parts and me and him took it apart , repaired it and it rode again

This is one of my projects , back road cruiser , 1971 Honda XL250 with Missile Engineering copied ATV wheel kit , the output shaft is stripped , have the brand new OEM in the box shaft and the gaskets and bearings , just need the drive to put it back together ---- I got too many projects 

IMG_1058.JPG

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

That is one awesome looking machine!

Big wheel dirt bikes might be the funnest thing on two wheels.

Something about lumbering around on those just makes me happy. Bounce off everything lol

Edited by oh400ex
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, oh400ex said:

That is one awesome looking machine!

Big wheel dirt bikes might be the funnest thing on two wheels.

Something about lumbering around on those just makes me happy. Bounce off everything lol

It might could be yours , if , " The Price is Right !!! " --- Come on down your the next contestant !!!   but I like it a lot and the price might reflect it , cause it is rare , I have never found another one just like it yet ----  LOL   ---   what you think I could get for it ?  

7 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

It might could be yours , if , " The Price is Right !!! " --- Come on down your the next contestant !!!   but I like it a lot and the price might reflect it , cause it is rare , I have never found another one just like it yet ----  LOL   ---   what you think I could get for it ?  

It is worth more than what you could get out of it...

2k would be a fair ask IMO but that would be too rich for my blood.

Keep it and put the shaft in this winter while you can't ride anyway lol

• Like 1

Machine wise(not including the toilet), today i gave my bud a hand removing the rear bushing shafts to check inspect on his Brute Force, no grease from the factory so they all need replacing -_- 😑[/auote]

no grease from the factory ? man that was over sight on Kawasaki's part ... 

Oh yea theyre all mud corroded...guess they are known for wearing out fast lol. Wonder why! Greased them & put them back together till he gets the parts.

That XL.. be good in the sand pits, i imagine the chain isnt on there for a reason? 😄 🤨

Edited by ATC4ever
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

reminds of when my neighbor who thankfully moved ... got his brute 2018 ... i believe ... brought it up for me to see (why i don't know)  ... and told me this thing has a turbo charger ... i laughed ... asked him... where do you get this idea from ?  ... is that what they told you at the dealer ship? . (shocked at his answer) YES .... i said take it back ... and stay clear of that place (which is closed now)  ... cause you got suckered ...

• Confused 1