jeepwm69

What are you working on?

Yup i recall when eching acid... Would work really well on that alumnie semi dump trailor..... Now it's more like water...i was thinking of testing both concrete acid or HVAC coil acid (might be the same i don't know) ... Stuff just isn't like it used to be... I was told some info that doesn't sound too good for the future of freon....from a very good man... So now... Ac units.. Along with gas ranges small tank toilets etc etc... Might as well go Amish..... Lol! 

• Like 1

Built this 5x5x8 platform to set my ground blind on. Will haul to it's location on the pipeline tomorrow.

PXL_20230901_221358333.jpg

PXL_20230901_221426871.jpg

• Like 4

Me?  Stopped at my Mom's and traded her cars.  Civic gets the B1 service tonight.  Tomorrow, drive the 72 miles back and cut grass and give her the Honda back.

Boooring.

PXL_20230901_201735876.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

BTW.  Honda designed the most boring car I've ever driven.  The Civic.  My oldest has a Civic Type R and it's the total opposite.

• Like 2

Boring here too..... Made a friend out of higher up post master general..... Plans have been made to replace a defective link The chain... Lol! 

• Haha 1

On 9/1/2023 at 6:07 PM, 56Sierra said:

BTW.  Honda designed the most boring car I've ever driven.  The Civic.  My oldest has a Civic Type R and it's the total opposite.

My son in law had a Civic way back when , think they could be hot rodded , he had some exhaust and  I know it was noisy , LOL , he sold it on e-bay and some people came all  the way from Arizona to get it on a trailer 

Do you see the light bar on the front rack ?  Do you like it better with or without the aluminum plate underneath it ?

The truck led was damaged , so I dumped the blue one and painted a green one black , also painted the yellow pelican box , the front head light grill and  the battery cover 

Still thinking of painting the snorkel white 

Pic from the past ---  realize I lost the two Honda GoldWing Eagle  emblems off the gas tank 

image.png

image.png

MYgw7G9sSOqe7fHcyw%3VQ.jpg

IXd7fz4pRGCqymAoltQjaA.jpg

3e5mgr9lRX26ToZ23IDKXg.jpg

MNfGDk7vTlSSZR7XX82zow.jpg

+LRx99FJTUKGX5gyfMl13g.jpg

MYgw7G9sSOqe7fHcyw%3VQ.jpg

tKByhStUQHyqMK6H6I2evA.jpg

eZmI9wRBRiumS%60o8RB+Q.jpg

ghv%%h%CTO2oPnQ+0rOK7Q.jpg

6qiyl2mNRY+%qmpu5KTrUA.jpg

• Like 5

Changed the oil and filter in the Tundra yesterday and rotated the tires this morning as well as going over the underbody fasteners.  Everything looks good for the trailer pull south in 20 days.  It's no wonder the 5.7L lasts so long.  A skosh short of 9 qts of synthetic oil changed ever 5,000 mile it should last forever.  I did a 3 qt drain and fill of the ATF and rear axle lube last month.  I'll do a tranny drain and fill every year now.  With 23k miles it's been 100% trouble free.  I'm glad I got the last year for the V8.

I'll most likely be due for an oil change while south but no way taking it back to the dealership.  I found a shop in Gulf Shores that will let be in the shop working with the mechanic for the OC and tire rotation.  He's going to get tipped well.

Both my vehicles have canister filters so it's super simple to check the filter for metal.  Just like the 300 has.  So far the Tundra the Fiat and both 300s are not making any metal.  The Tundra made only one tiny aluminum speck this time.  The first only a few and some gasket sealer.  Each time is less.  Most likely left over from manufacturing.

• Like 4

You ever though about installing a dimple magnetic drain plug ? This was th 1st and only time mines looked like this... Every sence then it's been clean.... 

image.jpg

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

You ever though about installing a dimple magnetic drain plug ? This was th 1st and only time mines looked like this... Every sence then it's been clean.... 

image.jpg

Is that the first drain for the magnetic plug?  They do attract a lot of black stuff.  At least no big chunks.

• Like 1

Yeah..... Very first.... It Had the oem plug, (which aren't magnetic...) and had just gotten a fresh change .... I had seen a post about a oil check stick with a built in temp gauge, had also talked with slammed..... Got his sound advise ....then i started looking...i located this bunch https://drainplugmagnets.com/  got the plug .... and later (not much) i did the first oil change sence i purchased the bike and swopped plugs... Then the pic was the oil change afterwards ..... Been clean every sence then... When i read your post ^^^ i thought you might like this idea, iv used magnetic plugs for years.... I have one in everything that's got a crank case ....mower woodsplitter (has  three )   one in front one in back of the engine (kohlar engine) and one in the hydraulic system ...  The  link / site didn't come up just now, but the net is still acting up on m end... So it's prolly local ....

3 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Yeah..... Very first.... It Had the oem plug, (which aren't magnetic...) and had just gotten a fresh change .... I had seen a post about a oil check stick with a built in temp gauge, had also talked with slammed..... Got his sound advise ....then i started looking...i located this bunch https://drainplugmagnets.com/  got the plug .... and later (not much) i did the first oil change sence i purchased the bike and swopped plugs... Then the pic was the oil change afterwards ..... Been clean every sence then... When i read your post ^^^ i thought you might like this idea, iv used magnetic plugs for years.... I have one in everything that's got a crank case ....mower woodsplitter (has  three )   one in front one in back of the engine (kohlar engine) and one in the hydraulic system ...  The  link / site didn't come up just now, but the net is still acting up on m end... So it's prolly local ....

All my drain plugs have little Harbor Freight magnets stuck to the outside of the plugs.

You made them yourself ? I'm trying think of who here besides me did the same .....green honda 300 not the normal green...he's got a sticky too.... Dang it I'm drawing. Blank... I think his handle is orvis...made dif check msgnitec plugs .... And here's an old pic of mine... These magnets are rare earth very strong! These i made ... His dont have magnets this big... And nowhere close to the power....when i installed these... I could feel them working before completely installed (screwed in) 

image.jpg

image.jpg

I needed a head as the exhaust stud pull the threads out , picked up this used 300 FW engine that was locked up for $100 , the oil was free of water so I felt good about it , the piston was frozen , cut the timing chain to get it apart with some Kroil and a hammer , head is good ( so far ) , 

So I was concerned of the connecting rod play on my 300 engine , so I set up a dial indicator to try and get a measurement , there is no up and down play , the side to side play measured .0058 >>>> took the crank out of the part engine and it measures .0033 --- have no clue what is an acceptable number 

Anyone got a video or know the procedure for doing a rod change on a crank yourself 

6CD78E5E-80EA-493D-8292-824E01CE90C9.jpeg

0FE3A208-1EAC-413D-94AE-9DDFCC228934.jpeg

47394650-04B5-4679-9874-375C9E0FB9F8.jpeg

F6E9BC69-E73B-4A9E-BEA8-F481E940F977.jpeg

A4045C72-FE28-4AF8-91B6-187D6ECA4EC0.jpeg

I can't find my 300 manual at the moment , think it is in a box of parts some where , hope I did not throw it away 

I am trying to figure the year of this engine , the number off the engine is TE15E-869822 

image.png

Did the glass and light  upgrades and what a difference , I can see a lot better , 

851EC9BA-8C85-4060-B171-95AC414AD78B.jpeg

B80622A8-7185-4F17-BFE0-E78CFC40A24A.jpeg

• Like 1

This old 81 2500 had a lose distributor.  & I mean lose, so, had to put it in & advance it by feel as i didnt have a timing light 🤣 Its been done...used to do that in the 80s.

chvy 81.jpg

• Like 3

On 9/22/2023 at 7:01 AM, Fishfiles said:

I can't find my 300 manual at the moment , think it is in a box of parts some where , hope I did not throw it away 

I am trying to figure the year of this engine , the number off the engine is TE15E-869822 

image.png

VIN, 478TE153*RA600001 Engine Serial,TE15E-8600001

1994 TRX300FW Fourtrax 300 4x4

• Like 2

1 hour ago, THH said:
VIN, 478TE153*RA600001 Engine Serial,TE15E-8600001

1994 TRX300FW Fourtrax 300 4x4

Thank you , not what I was hoping for , but it is going to work ---- I was hoping it would have been a first gen with the hotter cam --- i never did find my manual 

• Like 1

Another 250 Big Red rear end going in a 300 , this one was a 1985  you can tell by the brake drum and the old swing arm was welded to the axle tubes and needed to be cut off ------  was going to do a LousiananDon plate to save me work , but my buddy that I sent to him said he is hard to get the deal done ---- cut the center section of a stock 300 hitch and used it to make the mount 

6tLz26zdSciBlIpnK1TELA.jpg

ZR9wvAl7TUahIqc9wkldHw.jpg

%LPIVpxcS9uafxMSJgyo9Q.jpg

fullsizeoutput_11c9.jpeg

• Like 3

Changed the battery in my buds BF750 last Saturday. not a big job...put the fairing back on mine. Wed/ i changed the carrier bearing on the drive shaft of the old Tundra & yesterday changed the oil in the Vulcan. $84 with semi synthetic! 😤

carrier 23.jpg

• Like 4