Jemmons467

Long time no shift I mean see

Hows it going everyone, it's been awhile since I've been on here hope all has been well. Been busy with life, kids, work and school. 

So alittle reminder, my 2000 Foreman 450 ES had the typical issues shifting, got it figured out. It started having intermittent no shifting issues when it would get wet. I changed out the angle sensor with an old one again cleaned connectors sealed them and finally it stopped shifting all together even with a brand new OE angle sensor. So now to the current issue. I haven't driven it but it was warm, 40, so I wanted to clean up my driveway from when it was plowed. Anyways long story short I was manually shifting it, mind you not hard just normal, when something let go inside when I shifted it into first from neutral. Now the manual shifter moves freely but I can hear, what I would say is the gears or the shift motor moving. Not a bad grinding sound but smooth if that makes sense like if you take a RC car and move the wheels manually. Now looking at the manual shift spindle, you have the flat of the hex. I can move it from the 12 o clock to the 1 o clock before it stops and then back again. 

Alittle long winded but trying to give as much info as I can. Thank you guys 

Hi Jemmons , I would say that the case cover will have to come off to see what went wrong  , I would guess the bolt sheared off , or backed out the end of the shift drum   

• Like 1

@Fishfiles that's what I'm thinking because there wasnt a loud sound, just a gentle letting go of something. I do not have much experience taking these thing apart thats why i like to turn you this place. Unfortunately the wheeler is still in the snow with a plow on it haha. 

So I forgot to mention, it says its in first gear but I can roll the fourwheel back and forth, as much as the terrain allows. I did jump my shift motor to see if for whatever reason I could get it into neutral, and it does move the manual shaft back and forth. I am going to try and push it into the garage and get it apart. 

Back again. Finally got the front cover off. So far the gearshift spindle arm appears to be broken and the clutch lever was worn down. I'm buying a atv/motorcycle lift this weekend so I'll be able to get it in the air and get a better look to see if anything else has been damaged or broken

20230406_151117.jpg

• Like 1