evang

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Have a cover custom made , don't know about around you  , but down here since there are lots of boats , there are lots of top and cover builders , the best material  now days that I like is Sunbrella , it is like canvas on steroids ---

another thing popular for covers now days are used billboard signs , you know like on side the highway ,  the standard size is 14x40 , they come in all sizes and you cut them to size  , I got a connection and get them free -----  they are sold by the companies that put them up  >>>>  I see them advertise  and sell off of facebook I ,    just cut them to size and use bungee cords to secure them , they last a long time , super thick , quality material , put the advertisement facing down and no one will ever know ---- 

I don't guess you'll have to worry about it , but down here , I quit covering my atvs , the squirrels and rats will get up under the cover  , make a nest and chew wires 

Sunbrella is good stuff, certainly. Used it for a soft top on a convertible and a boat bimini.

Come spring, I'll look into getting one made.

Thanks for the idea.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Goober said:

You could plan to perform a fuel system service when weather gets better. I did one on my friend’s 03 450FPE a couple years ago. It had been sitting outside for awhile.

drained all the fuel from the tank, inspected and washed it; i also removed and cleaned the petcock and replaced the fuel gauge.
The bottom of that plastic tank is textured to trap sediment. He had some tannish colored particles in the tank, which is why I removed and washed it. I sprayed the petcock and gauge bolts with penetrating oil because I’ve seen where stripping the nutplates can ruin these tanks.
I washed the tank out with hot soapy water and a long handled bottle brush, then dried it in the sun. 
after I reinstalled the tank and put fresh fuel in it—the quad seemed to run better, but probably only cuz there was fresh fuel in it. 

setting valves is easy on this model—only one intake and exhaust per cylinder and one cover lol. Gotta have the tank off to do that anyway 

Thanks, Goober. I'll plan to do that. 

And only two valves - half the number I'm used to...