Preston

Front wheel camber

I have a 2006 forman 500 that the front right wheel is cambered out really bad. Does anyone know if you can adjust it? I looked and can’t find anything 

Do you have the service manual? Download it from the folder labeled “service manuals.”

Check steering section. Toe in is adjustable but I don’t think camber is adjustable.

Edited by Goober

Welcome aboard.  More than likely something is bent.  I have a buddy's 06 in my yard now that has a hard pull to the right, and the top of his right front wheel is out compared to the bottom.  He rolled his last year, and I'm pretty sure he tweaked his frame where the a-arms connect to the frame. 

That’s kinda what I was thinking too but it’s nothing noticeable 🤷🏻‍♂️ wasn’t like that when I got it. Doesn’t pull just looks bad

Welcome aboard! Got any pictures? The 400ex's im used to working on are well known for being welded in the factory with jigs that werent set up right. Alot of them are noticably cambered from the factory on only one side. Almost all the aftermarket a-arm manufacturers have gone to replaceable upper and lower ball joints that are threaded so they can be adjusted compensate for this.

• Like 2

Unfortunately I don’t have any pictures on my phone right now but I’ll post some when I get home. Sounds like if I want to fix it I need to get some aftermarket A arms

22 minutes ago, Preston said:

Unfortunately I don’t have any pictures on my phone right now but I’ll post some when I get home. Sounds like if I want to fix it I need to get some aftermarket A arms

Saying they even make them for that quad. Sport quads have them for when we go long travel for racing. With gncc racing branching out into utility quad racing there is a chance atleast.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 8:25 AM, Preston said:

I have a 2006 forman 500 that the front right wheel is cambered out really bad. Does anyone know if you can adjust it? I looked and can’t find anything 

By "cambered out", are you maybe meaning toe-out?  Not camber?

Older thread and im glad you bumped it up @Dennis any updates or images to post @Preston...... i have a well its listed in my sig ... 97 300 fwd and I'VE EVEN NOTICED that.... but everything is tight upper lower joints bushings ball joints bearings and mechanical NO damage... toe is just fine as well... AND THIS PIC... is the 00 300 ... and WELL IT SPEEKS LOUD ENOUGH... nevermind the cmp bumper... check out the rest of the WAY MISS ALINED welds.....One of the first things i noticed WAS HOW CROOKED the vin plate was ... notice the defrence on the inside of each front tires wear pattern the inside row of cleats.. but its clearly cambered in.

IMG_5833.JPG

Edited by _Wilson_™

I was working on a Rubi recently, replacing ball joints, control arm bushings, wheel bearings and the such. Going back to together with the upper control arm and noticed the bolt hole in the rear frame mount was badly worn on one side. The single hole had worn to approximately a hole and a half. The wheel has a pretty good lean to the outside and I suspect that’s why. May check your frame mount and see if there is considerable wear.