jeepwm69

New Honda inventory

Sent this to a buddy yesterday.  He went and got it this morning.  $9500😲

The guy at the dealership (I don't trust this dealership, but thought what was said was interesting) said that they no longer get to order what they want, that everything is allocation.  Honda has been sending them red and blue 2wd's, when everyone around here wants camo or green 4wds.  He said that there is a ton of inventory sitting in New York of all places, but that he can't get what he wants to sell, and they send him other things that are difficult for him to move.

At any rate, whether there is any truth to that or not, I still thought the purchase price for a RANCHER was noteworthy.  Holy crap things have gotten expensive.

420.JPG

• Like 3

My buddy just bought a 420 new from the dealer , with all the taxes , fees , extensions to warranty , etc , etc , he said it was right at $12,000 , so I would guess $9,500 is base price , or a good price if that out the door --- also there were no picking anything out , they were coming in one and two at a time and they were going off the list , you either take it or the next guy is up , he got a ES , straight axle , no power steering 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

My buddy just bought a 420 new from the dealer , with all the taxes , fees , extensions to warranty , etc , etc , he said it was right at $12,000 , so I would guess $9,500 is base price , or a good price if that out the door --- also there were no picking anything out , they were coming in one and two at a time and they were going off the list , you either take it or the next guy is up , he got a ES , straight axle , no power steering 

That's freaking insane! 

My friend here is a farmer, so no taxes for him on it, and I doubt he got any extras on it at all, but it was the DCT with power steering.

Looks like an ES without power steering retails at $7299.  I know they're gonna add a bunch of fees to that, but $12K is way out there.  Was he upside down on a trade in or something?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jeepwm69 said:

That's freaking insane! 

My friend here is a farmer, so no taxes for him on it, and I doubt he got any extras on it at all, but it was the DCT with power steering.

Looks like an ES without power steering retails at $7299.  I know they're gonna add a bunch of fees to that, but $12K is way out there.  Was he upside down on a trade in or something?

No trade  in , we got 10% total tax down here , (it is like 6% to the Feds and 4% to the State ) , the maximum extended warranty was a lot , can't remember the exact number , think it was like $1,500 , some kind of dealer prep or destination fee , I would bet he has GAP insurance , brand new , flipped in the water wouldn't be pretty ,  it does have a winch  -----  he was here Saturday and took the bike home , it was here for 4 weeks in the weather and he has a garage at home ---- he bought his from Honda of Covington  , I just tried to call them , but they are closed on Monday 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

No trade  in , we got 10% total tax down here , (it is like 6% to the Feds and 4% to the State ) , the maximum extended warranty was a lot , can't remember the exact number , think it was like $1,500 , some kind of dealer prep or destination fee , I would bet he has GAP insurance , brand new , flipped in the water wouldn't be pretty ,  it does have a winch  -----  he was here Saturday and took the bike home , it was here for 4 weeks in the weather and he has a garage at home ---- he bought his from Honda of Covington  , I just tried to call them , but they are closed on Monday 

Yeah my buddy said this one is going in the garage....LOL

• Like 3

They getting pricey bought a 2019 Rancher 420 4wd from The Honda dealer in Covington, La. for $5195 in Jan.  2020. They gave me $3000 trade-in on the 2017 Rancher 420 2wd. Looks like I will keep mine was thinking about  a Honda Foreman in a couple years they must be 10K Plus.

• Like 3

RiverC , Better hold on to what we  got , I foresee a couple of things happening , I think the pricing is going thru the roof , because an atv burns  gasoline and creates emissions , they are going to price them out of existence , only the very rich will be able to afford them for play >>>>  they will still be needed for work , farm ,  military and law enforcement , those will pay whatever the prices are

• Like 3

There's a lot of truth to what honda is doing to the dealers. My thoughts are they are trying to force the "little guys" out of business. If they only allow them to get what they can't sell it's hard for them to make money. Honda is still moving product so they only are looking at numbers. I seen it coming and pretty much got out. My parents still have the dealership but it has become more of a shoe store than a Honda dealership to keep the lights on. 50 some years and they are trying to starve them out of business.. 

The bad part is that is when the price gouging comes in. When a product is hard to get, you can get what your asking out of it. Used vehicles are finally starting to come back down but they are still over priced as well. It's been a sellers market.

• Like 4

I'm glad i have the old school bikes..... Wouldn't have most of this new stuff coming out...... If? I can help it.... Your right jeep thats just crazy... And yeah fish, there needed for farm use, but farmers are now moving more and more to utv types and away from atvs.... Still doesnt give them much if any relief... Because .... They still can't repair those new types.. Compared to repairing the older models... But they loose there also because parts for the older better models are becoming more, n more rare..... So ether way... They got you by the throat... There's no way I'm paying that much for a bike.... Especially... When i know... Mine will out last them newer models....

• Like 3

Something else this will effect.... Is plain out theft.... Right off the bat.... I can recall about 4 members @m_quick being the latest .....had there bikes stolen..there was even a guy from. The old dead forums... Way back.... He was in the military (i don't recall what branch) was out on leave ...... Well time passed he got called back to service  (If i recall this right, or close) .... Had his bike (honda atv utilty model) and! The trailor he hauled it on stolen...... He nor m_quick got there bikes and stuff back......i recon quick is still around, believe he got a nice utlity honda ? After all that mess.... I haven't seen that other fellah seance all that happened....... So we already have problems with theft... I see it getting much worse.

5 hours ago, toodeep said:

There's a lot of truth to what honda is doing to the dealers. My thoughts are they are trying to force the "little guys" out of business. If they only allow them to get what they can't sell it's hard for them to make money. Honda is still moving product so they only are looking at numbers. I seen it coming and pretty much got out. My parents still have the dealership but it has become more of a shoe store than a Honda dealership to keep the lights on. 50 some years and they are trying to starve them out of business.. 

The bad part is that is when the price gouging comes in. When a product is hard to get, you can get what your asking out of it. Used vehicles are finally starting to come back down but they are still over priced as well. It's been a sellers market.

Sounds a lot like what Deere has done around here.  

• Like 1

I think I have this right , maybe you can tell me if and where I have the story wrong , I seen recently that Deer lost a battle , that was not allowing owners to work on their own machines , if they did they lost their warranty

------------------------

On another note , a guy I know had a coolant leak coming from under the seat area  of his John Deere dozer , I looked at it and my first thought was a heater , but this was a open cab machine ( no glass )  , so after  I looked ,  I found a fuel DEF  canister thing with coolant hoses going to it , learned it is a DEF heater for cold climates , to warm the DEF to better work with the DEF system , a plastic hose barb broke off the housing of the pump ,  so I told him it should  be under warranty as the machine was about 3 years old , he told me , it only had a one year warranty as he did not buy any extensions , I told him that I had always thought from what I read and heard was John Deere or any manufacturer " HAD " to honor the emissions for 10 years , so he went into them again and they again denied him warranty service , now that DEF heater / pump gizmo cost $3,000 plus labor to install it , I told him to tell them he had no choice but to lawyer up , in the end they sent out a tech and changed the part free of charge 

I have since learned that you don't even need that DEF warmer crap down here were we live , it doesn't get cold enough , it could have been bypassed 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ATC4ever said:

Similar! (.ca) 2023.

honaatv.jpg

Wow.  How much sales tax up there.? 

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I think I have this right , maybe you can tell me if and where I have the story wrong , I seen recently that Deer lost a battle , that was not allowing owners to work on their own machines , if they did they lost their warranty

Yeah that "right to repair" lawsuit really showed everyone what Deere corp was.   We had a few big farmers switch to Case after that whole fiasco.

But what I was referring to was what Toodeep said about Honda trying to kill out the little dealers.  My best friend growing up, his family owned half interest in the John Deere dealership here for years.  When they decided to sell, Deere wouldn't allow them to sell to anyone local.  It ended up being bought by Greenway, which was the only buyer that Deere would approve, and Greenway is a giant network of Deere dealers (32 dealerships) 

A few years ago a local used farm parts operation (pretty big one) realized that they could buy new Deere parts from Tennessee dealers and resell them and STILL be cheaper than Greenway.  Greenway cried to Deere, so Deere told the Tenn dealers that if they sold any more parts to the used farm parts operation that Deere would pull their account. 

Big conglomerates like that are bullies, and once they get big, they have no problem screwing customers either, because the owner of the dealership doesn't live in your town, doesn't live 3 doors down, and has no interest in anything about you except your wallet.

That's not farming, and I hate Deere for doing it.  Looks like Honda is doing the same thing now.  The world is being ruined by MBA's.

• Like 4

since I don't use a bike for any sort of work (ie to make money with it), there's no way I can justify the price of new gear.

I don't ask a lot from my rigs...no real hills to climb, no deep water/mud to traverse and I'm not running 100s of miles on adventures.

the occasional touring around the trails on my property, the grandkids, and some help with yard work when i need a little extra pull on some trees or landscape trailer.

my old bike will likely last longer than I will.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

But what I was referring to was what Toodeep said about Honda trying to kill out the little dealers.  My best friend growing up, his family owned half interest in the John Deere dealership here for years.  When they decided to sell, Deere wouldn't allow them to sell to anyone local.  It ended up being bought by Greenway, which was the only buyer that Deere would approve, and Greenway is a giant network of Deere dealers (32 dealerships) 

Tri-green .... Took over here in tenn..... Exactly what toodeep was talking about (pushing the small dealerships out, which is exactly what tri-green did, one the biggest well known family owned and operated dealership (Baker Equipment) hung on as long as they could ... But in the end got so fed up with all the BS....  They closed up.... But money or the making of isn't why baker stayed open as long as they did..... They actually cared for the farmers that chose to run with them.... So when they closed not only did they loose but we all lost! ... This is what happens when all the big company's see is money...nothing good comes of it... Now we are stuck dealing with tri-green aka store full of idiots who couldn't open a can with a can opener.... Much less repair these new complex push button machines ours included) yet they don't wont the farmers who own these newer machines to wrench on them !? Well FINE! Then they can get off there ! and train these techs to fix there newly designed junk piles, because.... Farmers have to have them..... Or just stop farming ... Whole mess makes me sick ..... No telling how the young farmers feel.... !!  it's hard enough just staying a float... Just imagine starting from nothing like they used to.... Can't be done now... Least not on your own unless you already have backing and own the land etc etc  and that's a fact! And one better, just try and higher hands that want to work plus take pride in what they do, and care for machines they are ALLOWED to operate.... You would be dreaming of such a person. 

• Like 1

Yeah that "right to repair" lawsuit really showed everyone what Deere corp was.   We had a few big farmers switch to Case after that whole fiasco

Many here have stuck with deere, just because baker made them look so good, but more and more are falling to other brands Kubota is now leading.... A good portion on the new machines coming out... And I'm a bid fan ..... We've got a couple including a cab model 4x4 diesel utv with a/c n hydro outlets.... Slow... But a very very well designed machine... LJ had a nice 4x4 cab tractor for haying and hogging etc etc... I was the only one did the service and operated the machine when things at the shop slowed some (had time for farming some) and again a very very well designed machine... Better then johndeere machines on some important features...... All in all just as good, it's just boat doesnt make the big toys... That's a major  draw back on there part. 

few years ago a local used farm parts operation (pretty big one) realized that they could buy new Deere parts from Tennessee dealers and resell them and STILL be cheaper than Greenway.  Greenway cried to Deere, so Deere told the Tenn dealers that if they sold any more parts to the used farm parts operation that Deere would pull their account. 

Thats most likely the reason tri-green was so aggressive.... When they came in a took over so many locally owned operated deere dealerships... So greenway cried to deer boo hoo.....and tri-green was. Brought in to help...

On 2/7/2023 at 12:30 PM, Fishfiles said:

Wow.  How much sales tax up there.? 

Avg is about 15%. Thats what it is here.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2023 at 1:27 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

Something else this will effect.... Is plain out theft.... Right off the bat.... I can recall about 4 members @m_quick being the latest .....had there bikes stolen..there was even a guy from. The old dead forums... Way back.... He was in the military (i don't recall what branch) was out on leave ...... Well time passed he got called back to service  (If i recall this right, or close) .... Had his bike (honda atv utilty model) and! The trailor he hauled it on stolen...... He nor m_quick got there bikes and stuff back......i recon quick is still around, believe he got a nice utlity honda ? After all that mess.... I haven't seen that other fellah seance all that happened....... So we already have problems with theft... I see it getting much worse.

I did get it back from the help of a member on the 700xx forum. I was paid out through insurance, so they came and got it from me. I still have my OG 700xx for now. I bought a 2021 Rzr 900 trail ultimate. It's pretty fun but not like the sport quad, that's for sure. The Ride command software is pretty impressive.

• Like 3

Hey! That's great! Well kinda.... Are you looking to get it back or just let things go being you were payed ? Hey and it's great to have you back! I was just thinking of emailing @machinecrook haven't seen that rascal in least 1 year possibly longer... Well I'm happy for yeah also glad to hear sport riding is still in your blood.... 

On 3/8/2023 at 1:07 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

Hey! That's great! Well kinda.... Are you looking to get it back or just let things go being you were payed ? Hey and it's great to have you back! I was just thinking of emailing @machinecrook haven't seen that rascal in least 1 year possibly longer... Well I'm happy for yeah also glad to hear sport riding is still in your blood.... 

Howdy 😄 Hope all is good!

• Like 3