CAllmon46

2011 TRX500FA Rubicon No Spark

I picked up an auto rubicon that had been sitting for awhile. I am not well versed on the hondamatic. I have 2 dashes where the gear position should be and they are flashing. First they flashed 4 times so I reinitialized the ecm buy holding both shift buttons and turning the key on then up-down-up and WOT on the carb. NOW I have 6 flashes which looks like ECM fail safe relay. My thoughts are that I am not getting spark due to the computer does not read a gear. I can not shift with the buttons. Also, now there is no green N light on the dash. Also only has 60 psi compression, I bought a new piston and gaskets so we will see if that fixes the low compression issue.  Thanks in advance

Sounds similar to another member who just posted about an 08 with the — on the screen.

I will say that if you do not show neutral on the display and a neutral light, you will not get spark.

If you download the factory service manual in the tool bar at the top of the page, it should get you some troubleshooting information on why neutral is not displaying on your meter

The neutral light was on prior to doing the reinitializing. However is not on now. The FSM says to "Put it in neutral" if the light is not on. If it is flashing the 2 dashes take it to a Honda dealer. Is it a possibility that it could be a sensor? When i get home I will try to roll it back and forth to see if it needs to engage in the transmission.  Thank you jeep

Have you tried unhooking the battery overnight and then hooking it back up?

I’m out of ideas.  Maybe @toodeepcan offer some advice