Raystrx350d

88trx350d

1 hour ago, Raystrx350d said:

I honestly didn't know they were yamaha rims lol.. just paint I had laying around I was broke you made me buy all honda parts lol

i did not make you buy anything, I TOLD YOU..BEFORE YOU BUY PARTS ?..GIVE THE WIRE HARNESS A GOOD INSPECTION..DID I NOT ?..LOL. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shadetree said:

i did not make you buy anything, I TOLD YOU..BEFORE YOU BUY PARTS ?..GIVE THE WIRE HARNESS A GOOD INSPECTION..DID I NOT ?..LOL. 

You did... and I'm just kidding with ya lol

• Like 1

Too funny.... Hey ray.... You think this is funny ? I got word of another member who's going to be in cross hairs soon... You might want to pop into the chat room OH about 7ish this evening... Lol! Bring some popcorn and a cool drink ...it's going to 100 times better then most anything on tv .... Lol! There's only a few things worse then painting one yellow... And that's asking for advise about repairing a Polaris ... Haha! 

Chat room

• Haha 1

On 3/23/2023 at 12:29 PM, Raystrx350d said:

20230323_000513.jpg

Love the Blue. I've seen the gray hood with the pocket on eBay and wondered what it would look like. What was this for the spotlight? I'm looking for a spotlight now or ANYTHING to plug into the power port.

1 hour ago, 802TRX said:

Love the Blue. I've seen the gray hood with the pocket on eBay and wondered what it would look like. What was this for the spotlight? I'm looking for a spotlight now or ANYTHING to plug into the power port.

if you have a spot light ?, all you need to do is wire it to one of the plugs ( male end )..then just plug it into the plug on the bars. YOU MUST HAVE BOTH PARTS OF THIS PLUG IN ORDER TO USE A SPOT LIGHT !.

Ok so on further inspection it looks like what I thought was the port is actually the end of the plug (male end) on the port. Looks like whatever was on there ripped off years ago. The whole machine was a barn find and sat about 15 years until this past August.

IMG_3242.jpeg

IMG_3243.jpeg

IMG_3244.jpeg

IMG_3245.jpeg

On 10/26/2023 at 10:58 PM, 802TRX said:

Ok so on further inspection it looks like what I thought was the port is actually the end of the plug (male end) on the port. Looks like whatever was on there ripped off years ago. The whole machine was a barn find and sat about 15 years until this past August.

IMG_3242.jpeg

IMG_3243.jpeg

IMG_3244.jpeg

IMG_3245.jpeg

i'm gonna try to explain how that plug works ?. first off...YOU DO HAVE ALL OF IT !..thats the good news, the bad news is, now you got to get it apart !..lol. see the + and the - on last pic ^^ ?, ok..that is where you put the wire leads through, the male plug, which you show in pic 3 ^, has to be removed from the rubber housing, careful prying it out of the housing, its rubber...and prob very brittle ?, they tear very easy !. once you get the male plug out of the housing, on one end ( the back end facing those + and - is where you attach the wires to the screw terminals on the end of the male plug. sooo..route the wires ( hopefully you use red and black wires ) through that bottom end, run the wires to the male end screw terminals. put the male plug back in the housing, run the wires back through the bottom end. now all you need to do is attach these power wires to your 12vdc spot light.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/4/2023 at 4:47 PM, shadetree said:

i'm gonna try to explain how that plug works ?. first off...YOU DO HAVE ALL OF IT !..thats the good news, the bad news is, now you got to get it apart !..lol. see the + and the - on last pic ^^ ?, ok..that is where you put the wire leads through, the male plug, which you show in pic 3 ^, has to be removed from the rubber housing, careful prying it out of the housing, its rubber...and prob very brittle ?, they tear very easy !. once you get the male plug out of the housing, on one end ( the back end facing those + and - is where you attach the wires to the screw terminals on the end of the male plug. sooo..route the wires ( hopefully you use red and black wires ) through that bottom end, run the wires to the male end screw terminals. put the male plug back in the housing, run the wires back through the bottom end. now all you need to do is attach these power wires to your 12vdc spot light.

Ok thanks! I was thinking that but it didn’t look serviceable. Or at least didn’t look like it would snap back together once apart. The good news is I have two haha. Now to find a 12v DC spotlight. Could probably make one from the other stock head light I have. I’ve noticed this system doesn’t like LED. Or at least the 194 type LED’s I tried in the tails/fogs flickered. 

Success! I practiced on the other one that was more brittle and it tore as you can see. For those running into this in the future here it what I did that worked easy. I took the curved pick and put in to the hole on the bottom prong on the circular post (positive). This way I could turn it on its side since it’ll pop out of the sides better than the the end bits. This partially popped it out from the clutches of the rubber plug. Then I switched to the other prong (negative) with the flat part and pulled it out lengthwise. Popped right out and went flying but no torn rubber. All in good shape but surprised being Honda it’s just wires on screws in here. I’m planning to wire on some small heat shrink ring connectors if I can get them to fit. I’m also going to try and repair the boot from the other plug with heat shrink material and have two different accessories possibly. One for a spotlight and one that goes to a female cigarette port/or USB. 

I’ll report back.

-KD

IMG_3461.jpeg

image.jpg

• Like 2

@bcsman do you see those banners (both red n green on his laptop screen shot) that's what I saw on mine when things went south , never mind my post guys, thank you for the screen shot @802TRX

IMG_7052.JPG

Yes they pop up when I open this site, I am auto signed in as my password is saved.  I usually click on them to close but I have not had any issues with them.

• Thanks 1

UPDATE: Ok so I got a female 12V accessory receptacle off of Jeff Bezos and ran the wires though. I can be a bit of perfectionist so I crimped on these beautiful heat shrink ring connectors and screwed them to the posts. 

.IMG_3558.jpeg 

IMG_3559.jpeg

Then I cut them off because all that action would not fit inside the plug housing and just screwed down the bare wires.. It doesn't look pretty but it's all I could do.

IMG_3560.jpeg

Success!

IMG_3561.jpeg

I ended up plugging in a dual 2.1a USB plug that glows orange when the power is on so I can tell when it's on. Jagermeister logo and all haha. It's especially nice because it's not super bright and just a light glow. I then routed that through the handlebar highway and it's cradled nicely in the bed of cables and wires. Pretty happy with the result.

IMG_3562.jpeg

IMG_3563.jpeg

Now if I can just figure out why I have to jiggle the key most times to get it to power up. The power to the ATV comes on no problem (Neutral light comes on) but then I have to jiggle the key switch slightly left/right and the Jager light comes on. I noticed the black wire going to the switch was loose so I re-soldered it to no effect. In fact, I noticed no difference whether the black wire was connected or not.. Everything started up as it should and the accessory/lights all worked as normal. I'm sure the black wire has some significance, I just have to check the wiring diagram. May need to take the entire key switch assembly apart and clean it, but I don't have the time to tear out the harness right now.

Anyways, thought this may be helpful to anyone else looking to do the same thing.

-KD

• Like 2