Snow Camo

86-88 trx 200sx engine model?

So I did a bit of searching the net and found the X to have the same top end and is said to have bottom end support. With that today I came across this ebay deal. Has very good reviews and is sold on other legit sites with the same reviews.  If it has the same internals as the X I'll just get that  and upgrade later. I'm no purest with this little quad lol. After finding this motor there does not seem to be much sense in rebuilding the current one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225100218600

Specs

1. Aluminum Cylinder Head and Iron Cylinder Body: Improves the heat dissipation capability, cuts the weight and increases the torque of the engine.

2. Built-in Reverse: Makes it easier to control your bike for moving forward and backward via operating the gear change pedal. Great features include user-friendly operation, high reliability, convenient installation and maintenance, etc.

3. Crank Shaft: The engine is low speed with high torque and has large diameter bearings for crankshaft connecting rod, increasing the reliability of the bearings.

4. Air-cooled Engine: There are metal fins covering the outside of the cylinders and the heat generated by the engine is released directly into the air when the cooling fan blows air over fins. It has the advantages of simple structure, light weight, wide adaptability to climate change, rapid start up and no need of radiator.

5. High-flow Oil Pump: Reduces the wear of friction pairs and prolongs the engine life.

6. Lubricating Oil Strainer: Helps removing solid contamination from lubricating oil, largely reducing the wear of friction pairs and prolonging the engine service life.

I was just thinking ...... Being that engine only has a oil strainer / screen, n no filter.... (Just an idea) have you thought about a magnetic oil plug ? I have a dimple in mine .... If i can find the pic ? ... They do work, n work good! 

• Thanks 1

The thought did cross my mind even thought of using the torches To make a sump to catch all the debris. Idk I'm doing my research on a few things. So far I have just been taking what previous owners who stopped posting say works. Well after my steering issue I'm going deeper in my research here on out. 

Thus reason I'm asking about the X motor. Web search finds guys pumping 20-27hp heavy modded and hanging with the 300and 400ex. Stroked and ported of course. That's least of my concerns. I honestly like planning smart decisions ahead, so if I can find a legit seller of the engine I posted that can verify the engine uses the same aftermarket parts I'll just get that and make it work. Just seems like the more responsible thing to do. 

And hey I couldn't hurt to say I still have the original engine un modified.

Plus guys here already said the 200sx is a crap engine lol

Edited by Snow Camo

2 hours ago, Snow Camo said:

So I did a bit of searching the net and found the X to have the same top end and is said to have bottom end support. With that today I came across this ebay deal. Has very good reviews and is sold on other legit sites with the same reviews.  If it has the same internals as the X I'll just get that  and upgrade later. I'm no purest with this little quad lol. After finding this motor there does not seem to be much sense in rebuilding the current one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225100218600

Specs

1. Aluminum Cylinder Head and Iron Cylinder Body: Improves the heat dissipation capability, cuts the weight and increases the torque of the engine.

2. Built-in Reverse: Makes it easier to control your bike for moving forward and backward via operating the gear change pedal. Great features include user-friendly operation, high reliability, convenient installation and maintenance, etc.

3. Crank Shaft: The engine is low speed with high torque and has large diameter bearings for crankshaft connecting rod, increasing the reliability of the bearings.

4. Air-cooled Engine: There are metal fins covering the outside of the cylinders and the heat generated by the engine is released directly into the air when the cooling fan blows air over fins. It has the advantages of simple structure, light weight, wide adaptability to climate change, rapid start up and no need of radiator.

5. High-flow Oil Pump: Reduces the wear of friction pairs and prolongs the engine life.

6. Lubricating Oil Strainer: Helps removing solid contamination from lubricating oil, largely reducing the wear of friction pairs and prolonging the engine service life.

just about everything on this list ^^^, is built into just about all honda engines. even if you '' mod '' a x motor ?, a stock atc350x will leave it in the dust, heck..even a atc250r will smoke a 200x ..lol.

16 minutes ago, shadetree said:

just about everything on this list ^^^, is built into just about all honda engines. even if you '' mod '' a x motor ?, a stock atc350x will leave it in the dust, heck..even a atc250r will smoke a 200x ..lol.

If you have some free time you mind reading over( this )old post? It sums up why I am concidering the x, mods, hp, and so forth.

Also looks sorta easy to fit plus it's a new engine vs something that would need a top end rebuild in hopes the bottom is worth running. Lots to consider when buying then dumping money into engines from the 80s. That would likely run $1k+ at that point I may as well get a real powerful quad and if I did 700 would be in the description. The next one will be a couch lol

All in all I'm trying to keep it free and or cheap as possible with this little one. 

Had to sort out a few things, but here's the pic..... This was the first oil change i used the plug, n you an Clearly see .... They work, every time after that oil change not a single particle.... This engine has only had honda oil... Never abused never operated over heated.. And NEVER SANK NOR RODE in deep water... It's just the nature of the engine.... And no i wasn't pleased with what it collected ...but now that its done the initial job..... No more particles! But proofs in the image....and I'll add.... I did alot of research (defrent brands) the guys at dimple were extremely helpful....you can purchase these direct from dimple, fleabay, and amazon... More then likely even more places online... I will not put a price on engine pertection ...... And these aren't cheep, but also are not priced completely out of site. 

Dimple

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Snow Camo said:

If you have some free time you mind reading over( this )old post? It sums up why I am concidering the x, mods, hp, and so forth.

Also looks sorta easy to fit plus it's a new engine vs something that would need a top end rebuild in hopes the bottom is worth running. Lots to consider when buying then dumping money into engines from the 80s. That would likely run $1k+ at that point I may as well get a real powerful quad and if I did 700 would be in the description. The next one will be a couch lol

All in all I'm trying to keep it free and or cheap as possible with this little one. 

i skimmed through that post, and i'm here to inform you, you won't gain much  by mod'ing any 200x engine, its a small class sport atv bike. as you said..if you wanted high hp ?, you would be better off going up to something like a trx700. but hey, its yer time and money..i wish ya the best !.

40 minutes ago, shadetree said:

i skimmed through that post, and i'm here to inform you, you won't gain much  by mod'ing any 200x engine, its a small class sport atv bike. as you said..if you wanted high hp ?, you would be better off going up to something like a trx700. but hey, its yer time and money..i wish ya the best !.

Oh at this point I'm just considering rebuild or buy new options. I have to justify money spent for a bike that will never see off-road action and only be used to put around the streets.

I'll likley never drop a dime on hp mods, though fitting the electrical and exhuast to the new engine would require mods I assume. 

Thank you for your time.

On 2/21/2023 at 1:07 PM, shadetree said:

i have a trx200sx engine and frame, i wonder what its worth ?..hmmm.

Any interest in selling it?