Wheeler

Re-Upholstered Seat

My seat that I had in my 300 had been re-covered before I ever bought it. It was getting a small tear on the edge so I figured I’d give it a make over. My old 300 had a factory grey seat, so I decided to go grey again. For some bling, I had the HONDA logo added. (not that I’ll ever see it much as the rear box hides it.... turned out really nice. The shop did a great job!

4A127FD7-B028-46D0-BBAE-A8A0B13F2250.jpeg

93A1A771-2B4A-418E-B1FF-16E95D4F3E95.jpeg

• Like 6

Curious on the $$$ to do that. Around my area it's cheaper to buy a new seat vs. getting it recovered just plain. 

45 minutes ago, toodeep said:

Curious on the $$$ to do that. Around my area it's cheaper to buy a new seat vs. getting it recovered just plain. 

I recover my own seats , cost of marine vinyl to do it about $6 , it comes in about 15 different colors ,  the hardest part is removing the old staples -----the 300 is about the easiest seat you could recover , I done my buddy's Can-Am seat and that was a little harder 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toodeep said:

After the tax man, $142. 

Wheeler , it is a bummer you pay thru the nose for every thing up there 

Marine vinyl cost $19.99 a yard , it takes a little less than 1/2 of a yard to cover a 300 seat , the local fabric store always has 50% off coupons you get off their web site , they will sell a 1/2 a yard , puts cost right under $6.00 with taxes , the stainless steel 3/8"  staples are minimal cost , call it a dollars worth , so for $7 total you don't get the Honda logo on the rear but it is " much " better material than OEM or those pre-molded set covers they sell on e-bay , bought  one of them e-bay covers before  and it was  trash , would guess some of them e-bay covers are better material than others

• Like 1

Kentskovers4u or something like that has good covers. Think he charges $17 or so for a 300 cover, including shipping. 

He’s on eBay.

I've recovered many seats over the years. The places around here charge about the same to do it (over $100). When you can buy a new seat for $80-$90 is the way most go. Sitting on a new seat vs 20 year old foam makes a big difference as well. 

• Like 1

I never looked into a new seat. I can imagine what I’d have to pay for one up here. We pay out the nose for everything! But it was nice to give a local the business.. be a different outcome if it didn’t look good & quality wasn’t there! 

Recovering seat seemed intimidating to me , till I learned from my Harley buddy who's real trade was a painter / body guy , it is really easy work 

One of my seats has the foam replaced with memory foam cause that was all I could find at the time , that was expensive , I paid like $35 or $40  for the piece of foam , have some left over but not enough for another 300 seat , it is very comfortable , I was able to sculpture the foam with a tool I picked up , a Bosch electric foam cutter saw, I had bought that tool at a garage sale for $20 many years ago cause it was cool looking and I never had one , I only remember using that tool twice , the other time I used it was to shave the side edges off about 1/2 to nothing to get a bad spot off of one side that was showing thru the foam and trim the other side to match , if I didn't tell you , you would have a hard time seeing it  , every atv and golf carts in my fleet has been recovered , and I have done at least 10 for friends  , the hardest one I ever done was a Can-Am , it has curves at the front that makes pulling it tight hard to do without  fold overs ---- I would like to know where to buy the correct foam at a good price cause I can shape it 

• Like 1