shadetree

little suzie 50cc

My bud came by the other day to bring me some cash to pay for the trx500fm crank, he had this stuffed into the back of his little green wagon..lol. he said it may need a top end ?, got it unloaded, rolled it around back, while we stood there talking about it, i reached down to the pull crank, gave it a couple pulls, it felt like it had compression ?..hmm..how lucky could i be ?...after a pull good pulls, it half '' hit '' . then it finally hit an ran for a few sec's !..we both stood there in shock. he say's..wow..they told me it needed a top end..would not run !. sooo.once i get the trx500fm out of the shop, i think i'm goona roll this in, give it a '' going over '', and make a fast buck. i'll have him deduct some cash off my tractor that he paid for me, i've about got that paid off, so this will ease the tab down..lol. i'll get some pic's of it after i get it in the shop. i normally do not work on suzies ?..but this is a cute little thing..and it don't seem to be in bad shape ?, i'll get it knocked out fast, then i'll get the trx450 back in the shop, start tearing it down. worse case for this suzie will be the clutch ( drive line ) does not work ?, then this will have to wait, i'll roll it back out, get the 450 in the shop.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

YOU KNOW THE RULES!  Pics!

haha..here's yer dang pics ya, pic perv !!..lol.

IMG_0520.JPG

IMG_0519.JPG

IMG_0518.JPG

IMG_0517.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

moving right along, first thing i discovered was some dummy thought this was a 2-stroke ?, the air box was full of mixed fuel that i dumped out !..hey dummy...THIS IS A 4-STROKE !..LOL. i got it to start, but it won't idle worth a crap, and the throttle is sticking almost wide open once it gets started. another thing is the fuel petcock won't shut the fuel off ?, not sure whats up with that ?. i tried to turn the idle screw to get it to idle down, but the screw wont budge for some reason ?, not sure if the slot is buggered up or what ?. i've got a carb that came with it in a box, i'll see if i can swap them out, maybe get it to run better, or shall i say normal ?..lol.

• Like 1

Glad you put them pics up....... I was starting to break out in hives.... Oh that is cute .... Nice n yeller...

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Glad you put them pics up....... I was starting to break up in hives.... 

it was raining when i posted this, i did not even have it in my shop yet, lol.

Just now, Snow Camo said:

All that 2 stroke oil has the carb gummed up get err done lol. Makes me want to buy one for the grand kid lol

nah, carb wasn't bad off, other than the idle cranked up too high ?.the crank case on the other hand had more fuel in it than engine oil !..lol.

• Haha 1

I hope you didn't have happen what i had happen one time..... It was on a Friday .... Up @ LJ's someone dropped off a 300 .... Carb issues... Well the owner (i didn't talk to) didnt inform anyone AT ALL the petcock WASN'T turned off for along time before the bike was brought up.... So in that time gas had been leeking past the needle float set.... The entire tank of gas (ever how much it was) ended up in the crank case.... Well it was after 6:00.... And our NASCAR nuts came up to get ready for the party (vettles beer, whiskey ect ect) myself and two other fellers were doing the grilling that coming Sunday... So i just kept wrenching while they were getting things ready... THEN! Pulled out the crank case plug.... Well .... The gas started flowing ..... Made the biggest mess... It's lucky we wearnt blow up....lol! .... After said, done, and (us gassed) LJ walks up and says he didnt mention anything about the tank having gas.... My smartass said... Why should he ? IT WAS IN THE CRANK CASE.....haha! ...... Sigh..... What freekn mess.... 

1 hour ago, shadetree said:

nah, carb wasn't bad off, other than the idle cranked up too high ?.the crank case on the other hand had more fuel in it than engine oil !..lol.

The tech in me says the 2 stroke oil got to that idle screw. Idk just throwing ideas out, nice fixer tho I'll keep an eye out for one. The little ones would love something like that during summer months. Looks like fun 

1 hour ago, Snow Camo said:

The tech in me says the 2 stroke oil got to that idle screw. Idk just throwing ideas out, nice fixer tho I'll keep an eye out for one. The little ones would love something like that during summer months. Looks like fun 

i've had this carb part at least 3 times. i got it to idle just fine, but when i rev it ?, it climbs up, then bogs down. either the c.d.i. is faulty ?, or the carb is not getting enough fuel ?, or the petcock is starving the carb, cuz this petcock works off vacuum, most suzies do. i called it a day on it for now, gonna yank her out, roll her back to her parking spot, and go to work on the gal's 450, gotta rip the engine back out, rip it apart, find out what is making a noise in it ?..so this thing gets the back burner for now.

2 hours ago, shadetree said:

May you have a great day!!!? I wish you the best?!! With getting you other quad fixed!?🤷🙋🤦🤟 

update: been doing a ton of research on this atv, its seems a very common problem with the c.d.i.'s failing. i looked up the price for an oem c.d.i. for this thing..omg..$ 372.12 bucks !..the whole atv prob ain't worth that much ??!!..lol. oh..and i did locate the vin number, this is a 2006 LT-Z50 atv.

• Like 1