CaptCoolbreeze

after market header and exhaust

Rancher 420FE1 sra 2021

Looking for that big single pop pop pop pop from my muffler. Stock sounds choked up to me. Is there any benefits to switching to an after market header and muffler???

What will happen if I drill some holes in stock sewer pipe muffler??

Will I need a chip or reprogram of stock ignition? Will the stock computer retune for it??

Big Gun has header and muffler for $500. 

Does me being in California prevent companies from shipping performance parts to me?? No Fun Newsome has really screwed some things up. But I got buddies in other states who will buy and ship to me.

Any knowledgeable answer greatly appreciated.

thanx,

CC

leave it alone, if you go messing with the exhaust, you will wind up messing up the ecu programing, then it won't run right. yer time, yer money though..lol.

Some people are happy with vanilla day in , day out.   It makes me cringe to  think how boring of a world it would be if everyone thought alike.  Whistle to your own tune.  

24 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Some people are happy with vanilla day in , day out.   It makes me cringe to  think how boring of a world it would be if everyone thought alike.  Whistle to your own tune.  

you make it sound like its all plug and play ?..but it is not on the trx420's, '' most '' of these models have a O2 sensor, when you go changing the exhaust ?, you will have to change the ecu..which means some kinda programmer ?, which means more money. i have nothing against some one that wants to mod thier atv ?, but they need to know what effects it will have by changing parts, thats all i was saying.

Thanx for HMF site and info. I do have SRA. Their tuner looks like a must. I donno if I'll do or not because of such a minimal gain. But I love the pop pop pop pop of the SuperTrap on my 250sx. I want that for my Rancher. I'll keep searching webs for pipe and tuner. We'll see what I come up with.

Is there any other companies who make tuners???

I did do it to my Yukon. K&N intake 3in 40 Flowmaster and HyperTech tuner. Didn't do much for gas milage but you can feel it. Went from 17mpg to 17.35mpg. But i like to right foot some. Still need to change 11 buck$ a piece sparkplugs.

CC

You won't need a tuner for just exhaust. I guarantee if you do it and check the plug after a ride you'll still find it's running rich. If your really cheap get a tractor muffler, cut the stock off and mount it up. 

I like it!

From what minimal research I've done header and pipe plus tuner is 8 or 9oo$. For only 3hp + 3tqft.

Really I just want the popopopopop of the SuperTrap that I had on my 250sx.

Thanx too deep.

Let's see what I can come up with...

CC