Fishfiles

You don't quit riding cause you get old , you get old cause you quit riding

I just heard this saying You don't quit riding cause you get old , you get old cause you quit riding --------

Who's the oldest rider we have : I am 62 this year , my wife is 64 and she is Girls Gone Wild when she sits on the seat ---------

Most of my buddies that ride with us are around 60 give or take , some I have ridden motorcycles with since we were 14 years old 

• Like 4

I will be 63 this summer and I think about riding all the time just like when I was kid at age 11 and got my first mini bike, a Yamaha 60cc Mini-Enduro. I was on that thing all day during the summers. Only got off it to eat or add gas. 

Edited by 01RUBY500
  • Like 5

67 here, only riding I do is in my woods on my trails and around our neighborhood

• Like 4

I'm just still a punk kid at 42 but was dusting off machines in the showroom since I was in diapers. 

• Like 5

Wow , you go Mel !!!!  don't think anyone is going to top that , I guess you would be  Senior Advisor .... 

• Like 2

I am 59 and enjoy riding in the woods and family property with no plans on quitting soon.Looking at getting another bike for wife to ride she's 57.

• Like 5

I feel like a child.......lol. And in all honesty comparitively i am. Gunna be 30 in april. Gosh i could be the youngest member here lol.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

YOU KIDS GET OUT OF MY WAY.....I' m still going up and down these Colorado mountains  and enjoying ever minute of it......I'm 80 years young.

• Like 9

I’ll be 42 in March. Been riding since I was around 12. Rode  ALOT when I lived back east average of 3000kms a year for a while. Now that I live out west in the city, only get out Spring thru fall for camping & hunting. Maybe if I’m lucky 500kms or so a year now. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Derf40 said:

YOU KIDS GET OUT OF MY WAY.....I' m still going up and down these Colorado mountains  and enjoying ever minute of it......I'm 80 years young.

11 minutes ago, Derf40 said:

When I lived in Gunnison,knew a guy named Frank from Montrose he was late 80's was a retired park ranger.He was still riding mountain trails.

• Like 2

Coming up up 63 now. I got my first motorcycle (a Sears 106) a few days/week before my 12th birthday. I remember my dad and his friend bringing it home on a trailer and unloading it in the front yard. He said son do you think you can learn to shift this...? Here are the brakes son. I said, I know dad and I jumped on the bike and ripped it through the gears down the blacktop road to see how fast it would go and turned around and brought it back so my dad could take it for a spin. I wore that bike slap out in just a year or so. Biggest issue I had was keeping gas in it, cause I had a 56 Nash Metropolitan ragtop that I drove in the woods competing for my gas money in those times. 🙂

• Like 3

67, only been riding for a little over 2 years, sounds like I have  a lot of catching up to do!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, shrade said:

67, only been riding for a little over 2 years, sounds like I have  a lot of catching up to do!

wow crazy, same age and had my first ATV almost 2 years....

• Like 4

8 hours ago, TBRider said:

I just turned 43 on Wednesday, don't feel that old.....

Last time i got seriously carded for buying beer, i was 48. i think i have peaked seen then. after 2010, the age process is getting faster, an faster.

in the last 4 or 5 years, what hair i got left, is getting grayer, and disappearing..

the hair has been disappearing, for a long time. the lady that give me a perm, was the 80s, was ! of at her husband. because i traded money he owed me, for a perm. she had to do it.

my scalp was burning for a while.. Way more than a couple of hours. 🙂

Edited by LedFTed
  • Like 2

I'm 50.  I got my first motorcycle when I was 8.  Rode dirt bikes up until around my 40th birthday.  Then I switched to an ATV.

• Like 3

ok....you boys give me encouragement....63 here, and no...not planning to park my hondas for a long long time yet...my oldest bike is the same age as my oldest son who just turned 40 this past year...and I still ride that 79 CT90 all the time as well.

it'll be in the high 40s today..and there are several piles of brush I cut recently that are going to the burn pile...which means a 1993 Fourtrax 300 will have a 5x10 trailer hanging off the back hitch as my faithful partner workhorse today...when we are done hauling, I'll unbridle that old stallion and we'll go churn up those flooded muddy trails way out back...too much rain...but not too much ridin fun!

• Like 2

Will be.....Gulp.....57 this year! I just can't believe how fast time goes, I remember hearing folks talk about how fast time goes the older you get. I wish they'd been lying.  Wife will be 58.  Learned to ride a little Honda SL70 when I was in the 3rd grade, wasn't mine but had access to it on occasion. Folks bought me a Honda CL100 when I turned 12. It wasn't exactly the bike I wanted but beggars can't be choosers. I rode the snot out of that thing it was more of a scrambler than a dirt bike but put knobby's on it and took it every place I shouldn't have. That little sucker would do 85 miles an hour (small rear sprocket) and I rode it as fast as I could when ever I could. I wore that thing out. Graduated high school and bought myself a Yamaha 750 Maxim Road bike in 1982. Still have it although I haven't ridden it in the last 15 years, would like to take it in and have someone go totally through the thing, has sentimental value.  Hadn't ridden much of anything until 4 years ago when we bought our 1st Rancher. Wish we would have made some concessions somewhere and got into 4 wheeling when the kids were young but we were putting them in private school and the money that always came first. My wife and I thoroughly enjoy it and have no plans of stopping anytime soon. We are finding out a a few of our friends have machines of one kind or another and it's been great to get out with them as well.  Lot's of places to explore in the Big Sky Country and we've just scratched the surface.

20200130_225008.jpg

• Like 3

Cool! it is and I feel very fortunate to live here,  But is getting pretty expensive  To live  Glad we got into our house and we did call me if we were to try now we'd be up the Creek. Average cost of an entry level home is about 380000 . We got  into our house 22 years ago and  It has quadrupled in value . Have a great day had knocked to work

thought about this post the other evening... the wife recently had knee surgery ..so long walks on our trails, etc have been hybernated for a while..but she still wants to get back on the property, enjoying areas along the creek, checking her trail cams, etc...so having the offroad golf cart has been an enabler, and I'm guilty of hopping on a honda many times instead of taking a walk...and lord knows the days of me carrying chain saw or brush cutter etc..nope..just strap all the tools on the fourtrax and head out...so I guess my point is... I'm not stopping riding as I get older, I'm riding "more" as the machines become more important work helpers.

• Like 1