Wormy

ECM

Well let me start this off by first thanking @retro for all the help. Hive gave me his phone number and after a couple nights of talking on the phone while running tests we believe that my ECM is bad. 

I was wondering if anyone has an ECM that they might be able to send to me to just double check that this is the problem.

Retro said that he has one and would send it to me just to check it but he won't be able to get to it for about 3 weeks.

Instead of just going and buying one and that not being the problem i would like to double check.

I know this is a tall ask but figured i would throw it out there.

Thanks 

Maybe a year and model number of the part you are looking for would help 

• Like 1

I'd. Call LJ ...... We've used his spare cdi collection to test when needed... He MIGHT ? even have a ECM he'd let go for a tad less... And he's not that far away! If you don't know his number ... PM me.... Throw some bidness around locally ...lol! 

I don’t recall you saying anything about battery condition. These ES models need a very good battery; have you done a load test on it?

Wondering if someone can help me with a question:

Looking for an ECM but looking on Partzilla it lists two different part numbers for the ECM.

Will they both work do I need to know something for a specific part #?

Part Numbers

38910-HN0-A11

38910-HN0-A12

Thanks 

Same part, just different numbers. One was superseded.

Well the saga continues. Got a new battery from work just to check and make sure it wasn't my battery. That didn't fix it! Checked with a local repair guy around here and he had a brand new ECM, so i took it over to his place and plugged in the new ECM and that didn't fix it either. So I guess we are back to square one.

Its a love hate relationship right now. 

On 3/22/2023 at 10:07 AM, Wormy said:

Well the saga continues. Got a new battery from work just to check and make sure it wasn't my battery. That didn't fix it! Checked with a local repair guy around here and he had a brand new ECM, so i took it over to his place and plugged in the new ECM and that didn't fix it either. So I guess we are back to square one.

Its a love hate relationship right now. 

You probably have a bad/ dirty connection somewhere, and they're a PITA to find.

I had my 06 throw a TPS code a few years back.  I walked through the troubleshooting instructions in the factory service manual, which ended with "bad ECU"  Replaced it, and had the same error code.

Swapped the old one back on, and the error code went away.  Swapped the new one back on, and error code was still gone.

Apparently I had corrosion on the pins in the connector, and unplugging and replugging it in several times cleaned it well enough to stop the error code.

If you revive the other thread with the problem and answer a few of the thoughts on things to try, there will be a better chance to find the issue.