riverc

Rear Tine Tiller

1 minute ago, riverc said:

Didn't work for me maybe because I have no Facebook account. 

Yep.  Fake book sucks.  But it is a funny video.  Rear walk behind  tine tiller , rather nice size one at that.  Gets away from a guy and it looks like the Angola Rodeo with him trying to stop it.  Have you ever been to Angola ?  Lol.  If yes , as a inmate.  I don’t expect an answer.  Lol

Here is a tiller video you might like , which I found while looking for the Tiller gone wild video 

25 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Yep.  Fake book sucks.  But it is a funny video.  Rear walk behind  tine tiller , rather nice size one at that.  Gets away from a guy and it looks like the Angola Rodeo with him trying to stop it.  Have you ever been to Angola ?  Lol.  If yes , as a inmate.  I don’t expect an answer.  Lol

Lol never been to Angola as an inmate or the Rodeo.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

This is no where near the other video , but a laugh 

That's funny had my first good laugh of the day. Hope my new Champion rear tine tiller doesn't do that to me.

2 minutes ago, riverc said:

Lol never been to Angola as an inmate or the Rodeo.

It is definitely worth the trip to see the rodeo , crafts and food  , it last the entire month every weekend >>> I have also been fishing as a guest in Angola , the fish was insane , that was back in the 70s , don't know how it is now ---  caught the biggest Sac-a-la I ever caught there 

1 hour ago, riverc said:

Didn't work for me maybe because I have no Facebook account. 

I don't either but get a video about billards.🤔

Just now, 56Sierra said:

I don't either but get a video about billards.🤔

I see that , I think what happened there  ,was the tiller video was in that string of TikTok videos and it embedded the first video in the string 

13 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

This is no where near the other video , but a laugh 

omg..lol something tells me..the guy filming that guy..already knew that tiller would take off like it did ?!..lol.

• Like 1

Bought this Hiller/furrower at Tractor Supply. Sure makes rows easier work,

PXL_20230403_145325769.jpg

PXL_20230403_145420464.NIGHT.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I see you have an irigation system ? I gather that's what that is ? 

Yes I do makes watering easy I have 12 rows setup with soaker hoses.

6 hours ago, riverc said:

Seen in the news , Florida got 25 inches of rain in 24 hour period --- it has not rained here in awhile 

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Seen in the news , Florida got 25 inches of rain in 24 hour period --- it has not rained here in awhile 

The 4-plus inches we had last week garden is still too wet to transplant been to cool and not enough sunshine. 

18 minutes ago, riverc said:

The 4-plus inches we had last week garden is still too wet to transplant been to cool and not enough sunshine. 

Funny how just a few miles can make the difference , we have not got any rain in a while now , they calling it big time on Saturday for us >>>>>  Ponchatoula Strawberry Fest is this weekend , heard they are plentiful , big and sweet 

* I plan on transplanting this weekend myself  , a case of Coors Lite longnecks  from the fridge to my stomach >>>> # CoorsAmerica LOL 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, riverc said:

Nice.... Kinda like wick bar but with rubber not rope... 

We moved our plants to the garden last week.  I said it was too wet.  Wife said it was fine.

Half the plants are dead now.  But it's my fault.  I handled them too roughly when planting them!🤡

• Haha 3

On 3/13/2023 at 5:21 PM, Fishfiles said:

I had a rear tine Craftsman , I am  sre someone made it for Sears , I had bought it used  , it was garage kept clean , used it one year , it worked great , they say rear tine is the best way to go , I think I told you before the soil wasn't right , the  garden did not do well over here on the North Shore , gave up on gardening ---- it looked like this  one 

image.png

I’ve got one just like this. It has forward and reverse for the tines. Let my father in law borrow it last year to use and it came back with parts missing. At least he got it back running. Just came in from working on a south land cultivator, changed out fuel lines and got it running on choke for a while. Need to hire someone to keep things running for me!

On 3/13/2023 at 5:21 PM, Fishfiles said:

I had a rear tine Craftsman , I am  sre someone made it for Sears , I had bought it used  , it was garage kept clean , used it one year , it worked great , they say rear tine is the best way to go , I think I told you before the soil wasn't right , the  garden did not do well over here on the North Shore , gave up on gardening ---- it looked like this  one 

image.png

I’ve got one just like this. It has forward and reverse for the tines. Let my father in law borrow it last year to use and it came back with parts missing. At least he got it back running. Just came in from working on a south land cultivator, changed out fuel lines and got it running on choke for a while. Need to hire someone to keep things running for me!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

We moved our plants to the garden last week.  I said it was too wet.  Wife said it was fine.

Half the plants are dead now.  But it's my fault.  I handled them too roughly when planting them!🤡

My wife's like that too a pain in the butt sometimes

Small world.  A goat got loose in the neighborhood.  A lady that I meet once came by our house looking for the goats owner   I told her no goats here any more.  So she is the lady with the nice garden and chickens in front the neighborhood.  Started talking with her about her garden and bobcats coyotes and foxes that are giving her chickens a hard time. Said she has 4 yards of garden soil brought in every year and plants in above the ground boxes.  Her Tomatoes are grown upside down in 5 gallon buckets. She got me wanting to plant something. 

• Like 1