BC-Buck

Vacation out west(do I need to rejet?)

I love my 2002 Rubicon. Was thinking a ATV trail ride and camping vacation sounds like fun. I live in Missouri and was told bike would need to be jeted different for something like Colorado. I am mechanically inclined and was wondering how hard would be to get bike to run proper at different altitudes? Really don't want to buy newer bike that has fuel injection.

Depends on the elevation changes. If your setting at 2,000 feet and the machine runs perfect and you jump to 10,000 feet it will run rich and most likely lower on power. I sit at around 2,000 and when I go out to the hills (I think around 5,000-6,000) I notice no difference in my machines. If you could get a rough idea on what the elevation changes might be we could probably answer better.

• Like 2

Did a little google searching and looks like most ORV trails in Colorado can vary from 4K to 12K. Dont have any idea where to go but dont want trail system I could use my truck on. Now that side by sides are so popular most pictures of trail systems look like super highway.

BC.....derf here, I live at 5 k in western Co. most of my riding is at 10k+  if you riding higher than 10 , just drop one jet size, that will get you to14k no problem...come on out and have a great time...derf

bc

• Like 3