1995 fourtrax 300 4x4 rebuild

5 minutes ago, TBRider said:

An aluminum boat is too cold to sit in.....lol

well for wimpy butt people , you could have a heated seat 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

What about a 10 ft aluminum flat boat 

I use an old car hood, LOL.  If that ain't country....I'll kiss your.....

• Like 2

we call that

3 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

I use an old car hood, LOL.  If that ain't country....I'll kiss your.....

we call that redneck down here bro !..lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey guys,

The shed I work in is tiny. 

But its all I got.

I want to finish the front end of the 300 before I throw the rear axle and hubs on (yea, the shed is that small).

In order to get the progress going on the front, I'd like to get the drum delete kit. Asking the pros for pricing help.

I've found acouple kits, (correct me if I'm wrong) they all look to be more or less the same.

Anyone have knowledge on the cheapest source for the delete kit? (Ebay seller, or amazon, or website)

No one up here has used a car hood for a sled.....yet.

Any trips by skidoo are fairly long, like minimum 40km (25 miles) to a hunting camp and back. That's a rough precarious ride on a hood lol.

This weekend I ripped around on my salvaged Skandic 440F LT. For those in the far south that's the snowmobile world's equivalent to the Honda 300. 

Good times.

SuperATV would be your cheapest kit that's decent quality.  They usually have a 10% discount on different forums if you nose around on the internet. 

Which brings up a good point.  We probably ought to see if they would do it for us here on this forum.

3 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

SuperATV would be your cheapest kit that's decent quality.  They usually have a 10% discount on different forums if you nose around on the internet. 

Which brings up a good point.  We probably ought to see if they would do it for us here on this forum.

Ok, yea, I just found the thread on brakes, and the links to superATV, 229.95 then shipping to me.....10 $ more than ebay off the bat

Shipping is another 86, 26 more.....

Edited by TRX Student
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TRX Student said:

shed Pics, and todo lists 

77947390-6F59-4D32-B859-A78840A4DE9E.jpeg

B60683B1-EDAC-4EF4-8891-02155E73965C.jpeg

0FF60486-99EF-4BF7-BA3F-B246B00A4420.jpeg

I thought I struggled for space when re building mine last year! 😂Are you going to repair the frame or swap it out for another? Some of the guys here told me I was overkill with the amount of repairs I did to my frame but it turned out sweet in the end! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Turbo Twister said:

I thought I struggled for space when re building mine last year! 😂Are you going to repair the frame or swap it out for another? Some of the guys here told me I was overkill with the amount of repairs I did to my frame but it turned out sweet in the end! 

I swapped everything off of the rotten frame and bought a used one with only minimal need for repairs 

trx300.jpg

trx3003.jpg

300 painted frame.jpg

300 frame holes.jpg

300 frame vice grips.jpg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, TRX Student said:

My first welding job. Good fun. Should hold for abit 😂

I thought my hole in the frame was bad!! hahaha

Good job!!!

TRX looking good !!!

Jeep , good idea about SuperATV , I just e-mailed Erik with SuperATV and ask him to visit our new site 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I talked with Erik of SuperATV , he gave me two codes to pass along to members  to receive a discount on any SuperATV purchase , if the first one doesn't work then use the second one = 

SENDIT or SENDIT1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awesome!  Thanks Fish!

Hopefully they'll chime in here.  They were pretty good about giving and getting feedback on the old forum.

• Like 1

They are also riders so they pitch in an try to help with others problems. That's what I liked about them, they wasn't just pushing their products but was part of the community. .

• Like 3

SuperATV has been very helpful and friendly with me , nothing but good to say from me about SuperATV  .... 

As far as I can tell, even with the super atv discount I can get the kit off of eBay for about 10$ cheaper. Splicing hairs I know, but I’m kind of forced to do that where I live, otherwise I end up spending waaay more than I need to.

For my Canadian peeps, kimpex also has the kit at 387.99 with free shipping, however,

seller on eBay 

atv_outfitters_1

sells it to me for 347.71 including shipping and import.

not bad.

superatv with 10% discount

not including import charges

That is a shame you'll have to pay so much for importing stuff , my front disc conversions were $199 and free shipping when I bought them 

1 minute ago, Fishfiles said:

That is a shame you'll have to pay so much for importing stuff , my front disc conversions were $199 and free shipping when I bought them 

😭  

Right now I can get that same  kit for $207 + free shipping ---  cheapest I found on e-bay is $249 with free shipping ---- so you $140 more , would think some of that is extra shipping , but  the majority is duties , taxes , fees ? ---- be careful of the Chinese kits on e-bay , but  they could even be the same thing , they look the same 

Do you have any Parts Canada (Parts Unlimited here) dealers in your area? If I remeber right they have the highlifter disk brake kits which are also good. Might not hurt to price locally just in case its comparable in price with the shipping.