Aroch314

Rebuilding a Trx300

Hello everyone! I just picked up a ‘94 non running 300 4x4 it was a good deal with a plow and spreader I couldn’t pass up even though I was concerned with both covers being off already. The guy couldn’t tell me much otherwise he supposedly got it in a bundle deal like that and he didn’t want anything to do with it. Well we took some guesses on what could be wrong and I suggested a shift issue since both sides were off. Well long story short, I have found the left case is actually broken at the gearshift return spring. This will be the first official disassemble and rebuild with a different left case so based on my overview in the manual I may need some special tools. Can someone verify which ones are actually needed and which ones I can maybe get away with not needing? I’ll probably be in the repair status for awhile so I’m not necessarily scared to buy a special Honda toolkit (if they have an overall kit would be great) Any advise would be awesome! Already plan to have a complete oil seal and gasket kits.

00EFA8A2-65E9-4EAD-9E8F-CF7EF711A8F3.jpeg

37C1982D-176F-4745-9C27-DF8623149524.jpeg

More then likely management .... Will see and take care of it... Do you see the edit option ? If not too much time has passed you might be able to delete it.... But I'm not sure.. Mine will just allow me to edit, not delete. 

K no prob they will take care of it 👍👌oh and thanks you answered a question i wanted an answer to for a while. 

I was just looking at Partzilla's part breakdown , their pictures are wrong , from 88-95 they show  a 2wd left side case where a 4wd case should be shown ,  but the part number is correct , from 1996 up to 2000  the picture is right , the part number you need for a 4wd left side cover is 11341-hc5-000 -- no longer available from Honda 

Hey fishfiles! I am talking about the actual crankcase not the cover. We’ve been back and forth trying to find if there’s a difference from the actual left crank case. I would already have the 4wd cover, gears, side drivetrain, ect to put back on the the actual case itself is broken where the return pin goes as shown in photo above. 

I have a duplicate post this one I was trying to delete. I’ll see if I can tag you into the correct one I had the back and forth about questions on the case haha.