Racerjay

2008 Foreman 4x4 ES-No spark

So heres the deal, i've got an '08 Foreman 4x4 ES that has no spark.  It had set for about 6 months and would idle but only very roughly.  I changed out the carb with a new one and now it won't spark at all.  I've put a new ignition coil and voltage regulator on it.  The stator static tests ok.  the only thing left, other than a random electrical issue somewhere is the ECU.  Problem is nobody has them.  The P/N is 30410-HP0-B91.   Does anyone have another idea?  Was there a replacement for the ECU that i need to look up.

Any help is appreciated.

Welcome aboard. 

You have a green N light lit up on the dash, and N showing on the gear position display?  Is the off/on/off switch on the left handlebar in the middle position? 

Let's start with the simple stuff first.  The ECU's don't go out often on these machines.   I have a 2007 ES ECU that no longer controlled the fan around here somewhere.  If need be I can send you that for troubleshooting, but let's walk through other stuff first.

Did you use OEM parts on the coil and regulator, or amazon/china/ebay stuff?

Thanks!

Yes, green light and N on the dash, yes on the off/on/off switch. I thougth initially it was the switch but it will turn over just fine with it in the middle, 'on' position.  With it off nothing will happen at all.

I got an OEM coil but the regulator came from amazon.  I haven't replaced the stator yet but that one came from amazon too.  

4 minutes ago, Racerjay said:

Thanks!

Yes, green light and N on the dash, yes on the off/on/off switch. I thougth initially it was the switch but it will turn over just fine with it in the middle, 'on' position.  With it off nothing will happen at all.

I got an OEM coil but the regulator came from amazon.  I haven't replaced the stator yet but that one came from amazon too.  

Get rid of the amazon parts.  You can buy used OEM stuff from powersportsnation and they will stand behind what they sell.  Not nearly as cheap as they used to be though.

Get a used OEM regulator.  They're under $20 shipped from PSN.