BC-Buck

How you clean air filter?

I have always put filter in gas and wringed out. Then heavy Dawn soap and rinse. Wait to dry and filter blue oil. There has to be better way of doing this. Also I'm inpatient waiting couple days letting dry before use.

I use mineral spirits/ parts cleaner and just clean it, blow it dry with the air compressor, oil and reinstall. If you continue doing the method where you have to wait just buy a spare filter so you can always have one ready to go.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, toodeep said:

I use mineral spirits/ parts cleaner and just clean it, blow it dry with the air compressor, oil and reinstall. If you continue doing the method where you have to wait just buy a spare filter so you can always have one ready to go.

I will try using compressed air.

I have 3. Clean one in the machine, one oiled up in a gallon Ziploc and the third either drying out and then goes in a bag. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, PROV said:

I have 3. Clean one in the machine, one oiled up in a gallon Ziploc and the third either drying out and then goes in a bag. 

I do the same with two. Both are complete assemblies with the metal insert and takes less than 5 minutes to swap out.  

If you make it easy for yourself to maintain the machine, the maintenance will be done.  

• Like 4