Freedomflyer

Banished

Looks like I was directed here, Not a part of the REAL group anymore since I jumped the Honda ship I guess. LOL!!!. This is great, glad that there is a section for other brands of machines.  What a cool Forum, thankful to be a part of it. Looking forward to posting pics and sharing riding adventures down the road. Here's my current up to date machines. We are looking at getting rid of the green 2018 and getting another XT model, the 2-up machines are just smoother to ride with the extended wheel base, and add in the power steering and the fatigue level goes way down, and if we want to take other couples out it is better to have a machine that is designed for it. Have really enjoyed these two atv's much easier on my wife's back, Happy wife, Happy life.

20180730_210144.jpg

20190817_073922.jpg

20181020_211105.jpg

20180901_101937.jpg

20180901_151445.jpg

20190824_201207.jpg

20190824_201214.jpg

20190810_163026.jpg

20190810_162838.jpg

20190810_172732.jpg

20190727_123355.jpg

• Like 9

Look at it this way. You werent banished. You are better off here. That place is a disaster over there. Which is why we all jumped off the sinking ship and retro with help from me and a few others worked on making this forum as user friendly and family friendly as possible. Dont hessitate to bring any issue you may have up to any of us. This is an open forum among friends. And we are always open to constructive criticism. Glad to see alot of the old regular names and faces!

• Like 3

FF , my number one buddy rides a green Can-Am 570 like you got  , here is a pic last weekend of him showing off the skid plates he built , lol ---- I have ridden his bike and the power is insane to me coming off a 300 ----  I came pretty close to buying a Can-Am 1000 a couple of years ago , then I came to my senses , LOL ---- ya never know , I might get one , one day 

fullsizeoutput_b51.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Hey....Wife is wanting a bike,she was all Honda until she saw the Kawasaki Brute Force 300 well long story short that's the one she wants.The old saying happy wife happy life.

Back to you....That's some nice looking bikes and pictures beautiful country.

SlammedRanger and retro, great idea,  had noticed a change over there didnt seem quite the same. Thanks for the great welcome guys, you know I'm just kidding! This is pretty cool, did a bit of the chat room last night that was pretty cool to get to know a few of the guys a little better. 

Yes still in Montana Macarena Man, don't see myself going anywhere unless my property taxes get too high.

Fish, yeah they have more power than I'll ever need most of our trails are too tight and winding to really open them up, not a bad thing just different type of riding here. Shoot my Ranchers had more power than I  needed. 

Akunin and riverc, I sometimes cant believe I get to have the access to the mountains and scenery we do. Weird part is there is never anybody out there when we go, more times than not we don't even hear other machines let alone see anybody.

Looking at Getting another 2-up instead of the single 570, they just seem to ride a little smoother, If I do you guys will be the 1st to know. Looking forward to a new  Season o fridinging, already making plans and setting dates on the calendar with friends. Going to be more purposeful this year and try to branch out a little more do some other areas  And tie it in with some camping. Well off to work fellows hope you will have a great day.

• Like 4

Well freedomflyer none of us cant take credit for this. It was a brain child by retro that started it all. From there he started pulling in guys to test and perfect the site you see today. This is a product of the great people we have and will keep growing. The best thing about it is retro is keeping this site completely ad free. He is very dedicated to our privacy. And he works very hard to be sure of it. No ads no spam no crap. Just like minded people with a great base in integrity.

Welcome....even if you are riding those canned hams...LOL

They seem to be taking over around here.  The Honda dealership a little north of me has been selling Honda only since the late 70's, and they started carrying Can Am about 5-6 years ago, and IIRC they are now one of the biggest dealerships (by volume) in the country.

Hahahaha

So my other half half wanted an sxs but honestly, the pioneers are too utilitarian and the talons hadn't come out. Besides that I wanted a trail version for the width. Ended up with a Candy Ann.  Its actually been 2 great years of riding it but never holds a candle to the fun I have in the Hondas!!  Maverick trail is actually an amazing machine!  It is still a 3 to 1 ratio for hondas so I feel that is ok! Haha

20190811_154855.jpg

Love your pics FF. Nice rides ya got there too.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Freedomflyer said:

Thanks, I'm sure you have some to match based on your Avitar picture.

I do. I’m just to the north of u in Alberta. While reading ur post I laughed inside to myself!! I love heading out into the mountains & not seeing another vehicle or person. Just wildlife. 

I don't think that there are too many people that can experience that! We are blessed! I was able to take my brother in-law, who is from Dallas and by no means a stranger to "our type of Country", on a atv ride and hike a couple of years ago. He was blown away at how many people we didn't see! LOL. The hike was awesome and to a place that I hadn't even been to, well worth the effort. 9,989ft.

DSC_0956.JPG

• Like 3

hope ya dont mind if i copy some of those camera shots. i aint gonna re post them. i may try to paint, some though.

since my painting skills are lacking a bit too much..

anything i paint will no how resemble the scenery. love the pictures...

Edited by LedFTed

The wife fell in love with her can am. We got her a 2013 renegade 800r xxc and the fox suspension made a world of difference for her from her old quad (brute force). She loves to rub in the fact that shes got power steering, selectable 4wd, a winch, snow plow, those fox shocks, automatic and that her quad towers over my "little" Honda 700xx. She wants to put a rack on it and a rear trunk. She's turned her sport quad into a utility atv. Lol, told her she can carry fuel for me then! Having a quality suspension has made a huge difference for her, she rides a lot longer and said she enjoys our outing a whole lot more. I asked if she wanted a 2up (like yours) and said that I'd be riding in the back... so I guess I'm keeping my Honda 🙂

• Like 2

LedFTed, 

That's fine I don't mind at all. That's cool, always wanted to paint. Before my dad passed away he was pretty limited to what he could do physically so he took a painting class. He painted 6 different paintings so each of us kids got one. Maybe some day I'll do it. Have at it👍

When I think about it , I ride with quite a few Can-Am'ers  , they are just hit and miss kind of people and not regulars , I think it is becuase they are always working on them or waiting for money to work on them  , LOL 

All joking aside ---  my buddy and his wife both have 800s , hers is fixed up pretty well and she can ride it -------  but his is insane , he told me he has $8K above what the bike cost in performance parts  ,  Looney Tune exhaust , programmer , clutch kit , motor work , trailing bars , Maverich rear end mod , radiaotor relocation , hd axles, and all kinds of other mods , and  it screams  

Akunin,

If you don't mind me asking what did those fox shocks set you back?  I keep thinking about doing something like that for our machines as well but haven checked into it too seriously. 

Also see you're from the Black Hills, where exactly?  My in-laws live in Rapid, as they are aging we are trying to get down there more often so see them. We were down at Thanksgiving and ended up staying an extra day due to the snow they got.  Have thought about bringing the machines down but not really sure about the riding areas, I know there are a lot of road type areas, wondering if there are any 50" only trails? Be cool if we could link up sometime. FF

Fish, 

Hey now that hurts, LOL!  I can honestly say I haven't had issue 1 with mine, course I don't bury them in mud up to the handle bars either LOL. Seeing Akunin's post above I may look more seriously into upgrading the shocks, for the most part our trails are pretty well maintained by the Forest Service but there are some areas where they built new trails and hauled in a ton of rock for the trail bed and that tends to be somewhat rough. Anything I can do to make it nicer for the wife is a plus for me😂

I know Can Am's are spendy and have checked into a few add ons for mine and decided to stay stock👾 waaay too much $$$$ for what you get. Aftermarket is somewhat better priced but think they are are alll in Kahoots together.

I can tell by the condition of yours.  That you take care of them.  Totally different riding you’ll do.  Looks like you would even need working brakes in those mountains  lol ——  I would have a couple of can-and if funds were unlimited.  One to ride while the other Is being Worked on. Might need 3.    If I hit the lotto I would hire a full time mechanic To keep them running too.  Lol

• Like 1

Lol!  I will say that was one thing I never worried about when I was  Out on the ranchers was getting back or Breaking down. I can say so far   These machines have been very reliable. Yeah if funds were unlimited I might just have 1000 ATV, 1000 trail Maverick, and 2 or 3 sitting around for when we had company. Course if funds were unlimited I could fly people in and take them riding lol

• Like 1