Wheeler

Rims & Bedlinner

Finally took the time to clean up the rims. I usually do this every 3 years. Stands up very well!!!

IMG_2962.jpeg

IMG_2963.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 5

Looks good, like that texture ...... Look.... Oh and on a side note, you delt some good hands! You play cards 2-7 of hearts , 10-ace ..... All was needed was a jack of hearts... You'd had two good hands (from what i can see) ..... 

• Haha 3

Nice! I used vht wheel paint plus a couple coats of primer on mine but only did it last year and 1 ride off-road so far. They were in worse shape than yours so I did a full job on them. I did use aerosol version Raptor bed liner for my racks which has a similar texture. It will be interesting to see how they fair. 

Duplicolor was next on my list and I'll probably get that for my other projects. Rust-Oleum just doesn't hold up in some applications.

PXL_20221003_230602504.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

PXL_20221117_235838409.jpg

• Like 3

I have had good luck with Rustoleum sticking , I am talking about regular old school Rustoleum and not this new Rustoleum 2X , not a fan of that  but I always do excessive prep work , sand or at least scuff the metal , then use either paint thinner  or Liquid Sand Paper  or such , then Rustoleum Self Etching Primer , then scuff pad the primer before applying the paint , also do light coats of paint , but many coats and not put it on too thick at one time ------- another key thing Retro taught me is be patent and let the paint cure , I use to be putting freshly painted parts on next day 

• Like 3

That's a good point on the 2x stuff. And probably most of my issues has been not letting it cure long enough and being impatient. I know when I did my rims they hung in the hot attic for a month while I was at work. The paint appeared to be very hard set. Also, prep is 90% of the job. The better the prep the better the final product.

Edited by SailRedemption
  • Like 3

For my rims, like I did, I don’t do anything but 80grit scuff & blow with air compressor. Then just spray.. lasts usually 3 years…. I do let it cure for days to weeks before I get out. 

• Like 2