bigcountry78

Back on a Honda

Hello all, just signed up. I’m finally back on a Honda, a rancher.  Grew up on a 1989 Yamaha moto 4 250, but I wanted a Honda bad. So when I was about 12, I got a new rancher for Christmas. It was a green, 2000 4x4 ES model and I loved it. We lived on a 450 acre farm, with access to about another 500 acres or so of hunting land to ride on. So I racked up about 1200 miles in less than 10 months. But, ES, so it was also in the shop 5 times in those 10 months. Under warranty of course, but the dealer was 45 minutes away so it wasn’t exactly convenient to take it in.

So, it got sold and the money was set aside to replace it. My dad told me to get a foot shift rancher, but I was swept up In Yamaha’s marketing and chose a 2000 big bear instead. I had it until February this year, and I’ll admit it was a great machine. Never had a warranty claim and never let me down. But, that Honda itch never left.

So, I sold my trusty Yamaha, and picked up a 2001 Rancher, 4x4. Foot shift, and red this time. It’s in way better condition than my Yamaha was, definitely led an easier life. I don’t have much planned for it, basically a refresh. This is it right after I brought it home. I sold my big bear about 9:30 on a Saturday morning, for $2500 and by lunch I had this in the back of the truck headed home. I gave $2500 as it sits. 

53CB854A-C51D-4C1C-A216-B8B48E27ECDF.jpeg

F24ED8F1-77B1-44F8-8BEB-50F23DE6F8BB.jpeg

328FC94D-4EDA-440C-96FE-EDA25CBAA01E.jpeg

Edited by bigcountry78
  • Like 3

Welcome! It don't look bad for a 2001 whoever owned it before you took care of it.

• Like 1

Nice! I just bought a 05 Rancher 350 2x4 this weekend from an old farmer for $900. It needs some work but thought it was an ok price.

• Like 1