F250 guy

Fuel filter, 300 Honda.

I was at Lowe's today and I'm looking at fuel filters for after the carb rebuild. What would be a good choice and not melt? Also what micron rating is the stock screen? 

1st is 150 micron.

2nd 40 micron

I want to do the 40 micron but concerned about melting. I seen metal reusable filters I think hyper parts if I have that right has em.

https://www.hyperparts.com/products/iteminquiry/601-6911

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-4-Chrome-Kleer-Glass-FF416-Servicable-Washable-In-Line-Fuel-Filter-/182148528939

IMG_20200122_133657.jpg

IMG_20200122_132700.jpg

Edited by F250 guy

I thought that there was a filter on the fuel petcock for the 300's

There is a screen inside the tank but it won't catch any if the fine particles. 

I've seen both of those filters used on them without any issues. 

• Like 2

I thought u were re coating the inside of ur tank? If ur tank is clean no need for a fuel filter if u ask me. However if ur tank is rusted or for peace of mind, nothing wrong adding one then. I pull my Petcock off & make sure it’s all clean every once in a while. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wheeler said:

I thought u were re coating the inside of ur tank? If ur tank is clean no need for a fuel filter if u ask me. However if ur tank is rusted or for peace of mind, nothing wrong adding one then. I pull my Petcock off & make sure it’s all clean every once in a while. 

I am, just want a better filter than plastic if there is one, and a 2nd line of defense against carb clogging dirt. Mine won't come off I tried and rounded the nut on the bowl. Since then I figured leave alone. 

Edited by F250 guy

I been using the Briggs and Straton fuel filter , not really a filter for say ,  it is just a screen in clear plastic ( so you can see if anything is in there and that the fuel is clear /clean ) , more of a chunk catcher then a element filter ---- seems you might be anti-plastic , your not plasti-forbic now are you ? , LOL 

46 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I been using the Briggs and Straton fuel filter , not really a filter for say ,  it is just a screen in clear plastic ( so you can see if anything is in there and that the fuel is clear /clean ) , more of a chunk catcher then a element filter ---- seems you might be anti-plastic , your not plasti-forbic now are you ? , LOL 

I used one of those and it deformed. 

4 minutes ago, F250 guy said:

I used one of those and it deformed. 

You using ethanal fuel ? I never seen one deform , I have 9 that I can think of out in the yard right now , counting generators and log splitter maybe 12 -----  if you buy in bulk ,  10 for like $7 ---

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

You using ethanal fuel ? I never seen one deform , I have 9 that I can think of out in the yard right now , counting generators and log splitter maybe 12 -----  if you buy in bulk ,  10 for like $7 ---

When I had that particular filter the 150 micron plastic one it deformed and I was using 87 pump gas. There's only so much space on the far side of the petcock from the head. I ran mine in the middle close to the petcock, easiest place to service. That's why I want the metal one. 

If your wondering # 70-250G

• Machined from 6061 T-6 billet aluminum
  • Filter element is made from pleated 304 stainless steel; filtering down to 10 microns and still flowing 6 gallons a minute
  • for Mini filter body measures 1-3/4in. long; super-for Mini body measures 7/8in. long (fewer fittings)
  • Replacement filter element available
  • Made in the U.S.A.

If your curious, if the Made in USA is real their facility is in CA.

oep189432_e21dcb6daa4d9b241c5ac9bb2077990281751534.jpg

Edited by F250 guy
  • Like 1