HondaRubi2022

2022 Honda Rubicon won’t start, need help

Hello,
I have a 2022 Honda Rubicon and I have an issue where it won’t start, when I turn the key for power nothing lights up and it won’t start but the lights will turn on with the light switch, I’ve checked all fuses and they’re good, I don’t have a wiring schematic I’m not sure where to start, I checked the ignition fuse when I turn the key on and there’s no voltage there, I used a jumper wire from the batter to the top of the ignition fuse and then it works fine and starts fine but as soon as I turn the quad/key off it won’t start again until I jump the ignition fuse with battery power, just wondering if anyone could give me some tips where to go with this or if anyone has had the same issue, thank you.

On 5/20/2023 at 12:10 AM, HondaRubi2022 said:

Hello,
I have a 2022 Honda Rubicon and I have an issue where it won’t start, when I turn the key for power nothing lights up and it won’t start but the lights will turn on with the light switch, I’ve checked all fuses and they’re good, I don’t have a wiring schematic I’m not sure where to start, I checked the ignition fuse when I turn the key on and there’s no voltage there, I used a jumper wire from the batter to the top of the ignition fuse and then it works fine and starts fine but as soon as I turn the quad/key off it won’t start again until I jump the ignition fuse with battery power, just wondering if anyone could give me some tips where to go with this or if anyone has had the same issue, thank you.

I'd look at the wire coming off the bottom of that fuse and see if you can trace it back.  Look for rodent damage on the harness.

Also, check and see if you have power on the WIRE going into that fuse.  I've had a fuse that was good but wouldn't make a good connection with the connector in the fuse box, so fuse was good, tested good, but wasn't sending power out the other leg of the fuse.

• Like 1