Levi Scott

Speedometer from akatv

Huge thanks to @AKATV! He did an awesome job restoring out speedometer and it looks brand new again, when the speedometer get damaged when we belive was shipping he sent us another speedometer to replace it and it worked. Here are some pics of before and after!  Thanks you!

IMG_1172.jpg

20230520_172017.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It helps to post year, make and model as well as a description of your issue

At the very least.a picture of it powered up with headlights on so the display is illuminated helps immensely

I have sent my contact information to your message box in response to your previous message as well

-AKATV

Thomas

Welcome to the forum!

I sent my contact message to your inbox if you’d like to contact me for a speedometer repair

In the meantime, don’t forget to stop by the new member section on the forum and say “Hi” to everyone and also to download a Honda Factory service manual from our free library if you need one

Take care and hope to see you around

AKATV

Hi, thanks for the message and welcome to the forum!

I don’t really do too much work on the newer Formans, but send me a picture of what you have going on. I might be able to help you out.
I’ll send my contact information to your message box as well

AKATV

2 hours ago, KBLACK said:

I need to get my speedometer done on 2010 foreman. please message me.

Location?  No 2010 Foreman in the US, so might be someone overseas.

(I THINK it might be an 05-11 foreman 500)

Edited by AKATV

1 hour ago, AKATV said:

(I THINK it might be an 05-11 foreman 500)

Probably, but wanted to make sure.  Could be a Rubicon too, but meter layouts should all be about the same.

I still say you should get one of those digital overlays like they put on alarm clocks and digital watches, to make them look like they are on when they're on display in the store.  If you got something like that with the stuff on the meters for the 05-11 Foreman that is printed on the display, you could add those to your line of meter repairs. 

I'm starting to see more and more of the burnt up Foreman/Rubicon meters.

If you spray a little WD-40, or some Windex on the top cover there, I can tell a little bit better about what you have going on. My biggest question is if you have or can see any trace of data or if it’s blank?

It also helps to just remove the top cover since I would just need for you to send me the internal circuit card with display anyways but it’s up to you

I will send my contact information to your message box if you’d like to contact me about a repair as well

-AKATV

33 minutes ago, AKATV said:

If you spray a little WD-40, or some Windex on the top cover there, I can tell a little bit better about what you have going on. My biggest question is if you have or can see any trace of data or if it’s blank?

It also helps to just remove the top cover since I would just need for you to send me the internal circuit card with display anyways but it’s up to you

I will send my contact information to your message box if you’d like to contact me about a repair as well

-AKATV

I will have to check better tomorrow, but I do see traces of data, mainly the time flashing