If you where going to switch from cable to hydraulic what would you need to tie into the rear caliper.  And how would you tye in the front left lever with your foot lever. This is going on a 1997 trx400fw

I did the conversion to hydraulic brakes on my 450 with disc Have the front left lever and the rear foot lever connected together But  I am with the wife at the ER at the moment and not at home.  

5 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

But  I am with the wife at the ER at the moment and not at home.  

Dang man, hope everything is ok.  Keep us posted!

• Thanks 1

Hope ur wife is OK. I dont have an issue with my new disk breaks just checking out my options and how to tie in the front and foot lever. And you also have your reverse gear on o, there to boot

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mikey59 said:

Hope ur wife is OK. I dont have an issue with my new disk breaks just checking out my options and how to tie in the front and foot lever. And you also have your reverse gear on o, there to boot

Thanks Mikey -----I did not want to interrupt your thread , but since you asked :  The wife fell out the bed and hit her head on the might stand , had a hickey on her head , bruised ribs and finger  and a few black and blue marks on her face , was complaining of a headache , so we spent 5 hours in the ER today getting her checked out , everything from the fall seems ok , x-rayed her hand and ribs ,  but they say the cat-scan of her head showed  she had a stroke sometime in the past , they are not sure when  , so now she has to go for a few more test with her regular doctor 

I put a Yamaha Grizzly left front master cylinder and a Honda Gold Wing 1000 master on the pedal , tied them both together with a Banjo style tee fitting off a Fourtrax 250 , made new hoses to tie it all together , I have some pics of the build thread , just got to dig them up off the old site 

I would think there is an easier/ cheaper  way to do it , it was a bit of work the way I did it -----  I would be ok with  hydraulic on just the foot pedal or the hand brake , don't really need both 

I don't understand what you saying here :: Quote Mikey 59 "  And you also have your reverse gear on o, there to boot "   I would guess I am a year older than you , 58 ??  

Sorry isn't the reverse button tied into this some how?  Hope your wife is doing better know. Yes wouldn't hurt to see pics

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mikey59 said:

Sorry isn't the reverse button tied into this some how?  Hope your wife is doing better know. Yes wouldn't hurt to see pics

Ok , yes the reverse lock out is tied into the left brake lever , where the lever has to be pulled before it can be put into reverse ....

what I did was by-passed the reverse lock out

Here is a link to the build thread of the 2000 450 , it is long  .........  https://www.hondaatvforums.net/threads/2000-trx450fm-build-mods.123454/

The wife is ok for now , thanks for asking .........

Made my own brake hoses 

image.pngimage.png

This is a must , it is a cap to block off any mud and water from getting into the caliper where the cable use to go , had to modify it a little 

image.pngimage.png

This is the Gold Wing foot master , the reservoir is externally mounted up high on the cooler , but the pic is bad

image.pngimage.png

image.png