mitchdreier@gmail.com

not shifting

I have A 2012 Foreman 500.  after i ride for awhile it stops shifting and i have to get back in any gear it's in to get back.  after it sits awhile it will shift again  code 24

19 hours ago, [email protected] said:

I have A 2012 Foreman 500.  after i ride for awhile it stops shifting and i have to get back in any gear it's in to get back.  after it sits awhile it will shift again  code 24

Welcome aboard.  If you want to change your username to something other than your email (to keep a little OPSEC) let me know and I can change it.

If you go to the top of the page in the toolbar, there is a button labeled "service manuals".  If you download the factory service manual for your machine (free) you can look up error codes and the manual also offers troubleshooting instructions.

For a 2012, 24 error code is shift control motor drive circuit.

So looking at the manual go to section 23-20 and it tells you how to troubleshoot.  Now that being said, if you follow the instructions and the problem isn't found, THAT is where the guys here can usually add some other instructions to try. 

Honda Foreman 500 service manual 2012 error codes.pdf

Honda Foreman 500 service manual 2012 error codes.jpg

• Like 1

I would take a guess the motor brushes are worn out, or something related to it.

The shift motor. Do you know how to remove the shift motor & check the brushes? There are manuals on here.

Did you happen to remove the angle sensor? I wonder was the machine in N when you installed the shift motor or was it stuck in gear? It may have to be lined up. I would also check the connections to make sure they are clean & getting good contact.

Code 22 is still related to the shift motor.  If you follow that link Fishfiles posted, you can download the factory service manual (free, I might add).

Go to section 23-18 and it will give you detailed instructions on how to find the culprit of your error code.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [email protected] said:

I think the shift motor is not in square 

be sure to inspect the shift motor's magnets ?..they are prone to break. be warned !!!..be very careful how you take the shift motor apart ?..its a pain to put back together if you are not watching how it comes apart ?!..lol.