LedFTed

barefoot

when i was in Ocala, 85-87 i was still walking barefoot when i could. i learned rather quick the the sand has fire-ants, so i walked on the blacktop at the horse farm. i could stand the blacktop, till it got past 98 degrees out side, i didnt know the temperature of the blacktop, just guessing it was hotter. i could put out a lit cigarette barefoot. now i cant. i was 34 back then, roundabout.

so i guess that was my cutoff point being 34, going barefoot. any y'all lasted longer then that? now i'm a tenderfoot, cant walk barefoot on rocks.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LedFTed said:

when i was in Ocala, 85-87 i was still walking barefoot when i could. i learned rather quick the the sand has fire-ants, so i walked on the blacktop at the horse farm. i could stand the blacktop, till it got past 98 degrees out side, i didnt know the temperature of the blacktop, just guessing it was hotter. i could put out a lit cigarette barefoot. now i cant. i was 34 back then, roundabout.

so i guess that was my cutoff point being 34, going barefoot. any y'all lasted longer then that? now i'm a tenderfoot, cant walk barefoot on rocks.

Just this morning , I lie,   I learned that some ants live as long as 29 years.  Would guess that them ones that bit you are long gone by now.  Lol.  

• Like 1

Ha! Try riding barefoot ..... Not long rides just moving the 300 gave me a new respect for those sharp pointed foot peg edges.... Besides maybe walking on red hot coals and shards of glass.... Can't add much but hm..... Stepping in a fireant mound ?! Nope... Not going to even think about that... It was bad enough battling them a few winters back when they had a hive under the dragon... Being warm, they stayed active all winter, especially around the loading door, and also ash door.... 

• Like 1

it wasnt a mound, unless ocala is a mound. that though, i wouldnt doubt. i hitched rides to ocala, and had not bought a car yet, just starting out. so, i needed to do laundry, and used a 5 gallon bucket to do that, but i went outside the barn to hang clothes, on the bushes to dry, and a herd of those ants crawled up my leg to the knee, and they all stung me at the same time. conning little bass-xxxxs.

i got even though a bit. RAID,, but soon learned, i could never afford enough RAID, to stop the problem.