Fishfiles

EZGO Workhorse with a 13 HP Predator Swop

I have two EZGO carts , they are both 2004 WorkHorse 350ST , I cracked the block on the red one , ragging it thru the woods and it had been sitting up for a while , I have this 13 HP Predator Honda clone , so I am going to give this swop a go , here is a video of a guy doing his own version , you can buy a kit to do it but it is expensive 

• Like 1

Some pics of the engines , I need to figure how to get the clutch off , seen a video of the EZGO with the bigger clutch bolt , but not for this one 

This video is how to get the larger bolt clutch off 

lIBeVNdcR3C99UkZanjUHw.jpg

R8bC%SVSQxSUWlvrKZBm0A.jpg

kmlYlnAtRSOgMYtW0aweKg.jpg

dCALrZleQGiMTsw4W+kpTw.jpg

fullsizeoutput_1166.jpeg

I have two golf carts that I wish I could do this with.  Both are 36V and golf cart batteries are high as giraffe butt these days.  The worst part is, I can put new batteries on them, and they'll be bad in 5-6 years whether or not I use them at all.

I put new batteries on one of them in 2017.  Then wife got preggers, haven't used that cart but a couple of times since she got pregnant.  I'll be lucky if those batteries will last this summer, even though I haven't used them (I have kept them topped off on the charger).

At least with gas engines, they can sit for years and still work when you want them to.

• Like 1

Don’t like how low ya boy has his  engine sitting in his build.  Looking to do something different 

I got the clutch off with the oil trick from the video above. 9/16 fine thread bolt fit in the first hole of the clutch.  The deeper hole 7/16 fine thread held the clutch on.  Taper Adaptor is ordered from eBay for  $10 need to get a 3/8 fine to read bolt 5 inches long to hold the clutch on.  Read where some people drill the crank and tap it to 7/16.  But other say it is strong enough 

4A79AAEE-32A6-4CFC-804D-F3964A593B04.jpeg

Had a buddy over yesterday and he says he has  a plate of steel for me for the motor mount 

fullsizeoutput_116c.jpeg

SnL1xPI3RDKRTqq4%tfbJw.jpg

Ualg9rbaRTaPiG%oCVfc5w.jpg