F250 guy

Clear fuel line or stock rubber?

I'd like to know if anybody uses clear fuel line, if so what brand and has it discolored or not held up over time. I'm thinks ng of running clear line on my 300. Just needed opinions. Going up to the farm tomorrow to start on the carb rebuild

Thanks

i have gas line, i would trust decades ago. now, with the china brands, i wouldn't trust any....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LedFTed said:

i have gas line, i would trust decades ago. now, with the china brands, i wouldn't trust any....

Ill just get a good FI hose. Thanks.

What ever you get make sure it is ethanol compliant. Or you will have major issues down the road. I have a friend that ruined a carb as the ethanol ate away at the fuel line on a 9.9 Mercury outboard. 

40 minutes ago, 01RUBY500 said:

What ever you get make sure it is ethanol compliant. Or you will have major issues down the road. I have a friend that ruined a carb as the ethanol ate away at the fuel line on a 9.9 Mercury outboard. 

Going with Non Ethanol, Sunoco Optima.

best bang for the buck ?, fuel line rated for fuel injection !. sold at most all auto parts stores, like autozone. you can't go wrong with this stuff !. its not cheap ?, but it sure works wonders through the years !. you need 3/16 ID if ya can get it ?, if not ?, 1/4 OD will work. pick up some small hose clamps while your there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shadetree said:

best bang for the buck ?, fuel line rated for fuel injection !. sold at most all auto parts stores, like autozone. you can't go wrong with this stuff !. its not cheap ?, but it sure works wonders through the years !. you need 3/16 ID if ya can get it ?, if not ?, 1/4 OD will work. pick up some small hose clamps while your there.

Howcome 3/16 on a 1/4 inch petcock? That has me curious, was the factory line 3/16?

He said 3/16 was the ID (inside diameter) or 1/4 OD (outside diameter)   Hope that helps clarify. 

Edited by 01RUBY500