F250 guy

Petcock replacement.

I looked at golan products petcock, and am very impressed, bearings and rebuildable, I emailed to see if they had one. They said I needed to get the inside diameter of the building ng and thread size.

I don't have calipers so I need expert help also looked on the web, couldn't find it.

https://golanproducts.com/product-category/petcocks/

Edited by F250 guy

I think it might be a little over kill for a atv , maybe for the Space Shuttle , LOL --- didn't see a price on the link , looks like it could cost  about a $119.99  LOL 

Got to give it to you F250 , you find the best unique stuff , thinking of that $69 fuel filter 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fishfiles said:

I think it might be a little over kill for a atv , maybe for the Space Shuttle , LOL --- didn't see a price on the link , looks like it could cost  about a $119.99  LOL 

Got to give it to you F250 , you find the best unique stuff , thinking of that $69 fuel filter 

I been around this stuff, and I have a unique me ND set, that there is something better out there, I thought a factory replacement petcock would do, Wich it will but was wanting to see what benefit it would have. Good mechanics are rather odd people lol. 

My area of expertise is mowers and such. But hey, never hurts to think outside the box. When I had my Briggs 150 micron filter on, my pet cock would be turned out and I also want to shorten the length. Not that the stock petcock isn't great, I want to eliminate that strainer screen and bowl, and run my soon to be new filter, then I thought wait there has to be a shorter petcock out there.

I'm sure you can understand where I'm coming from looks and functionality, but more than likely a stock petcock with no screen, I'll consider and rethink the no screen.

My bowl but stripped so either way I'll have to go new petcock plus the flare where it goes on the nut is loose inside, makes the whole petcock spin when switching tanks.

Just now, Fishfiles said:

So how much is that high tech petcock ? 

118.00 I think. But just hear me out, I considering and thinking on this cause, 1. Like someone said in my fuel line post, clear line gets hard and cracks overtime. 2. Better designed, I looked at factory petcocks, some good, others bad. Bad as in not rebuildable, or no ball bearings on the valve, if I can find one shorter and better designed then I'll go for it. If not a factory petcock will do. Answering a question that may pop up, I looked and couldn't find the rating on the stock screens, or the diameter of the bung or thread size. 

I don't know the thread size for you -----I was pretty close with my guess of $119.99 , could have been on the Price is Right ----looks like it might be stainless steel 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I don't know the thread size for you -----I was pretty close with my guess of $119.99 , could have been on the Price is Right ----looks like it might be stainless steel 

I think it is, like I said if I can't get them measured I'll just go stock replacement petcock.  Shame Honda doesn't tell that information. 

Those look great and you may be able to visualize what I was talking about, more compact and better designed, plus rebuildable

I'll wait n see if anyone else has input, I'll measure sometime this week, overslept and didn't get up there to start on the carb today. 

Screenshot_20200126-174801.png

Edited by F250 guy
  • Like 1

Ok , 250 guy , I deleted your post as you asked as it was just a quote and no message 

1 minute ago, Fishfiles said:

It does look well made  , government grade !!!!

There ya go lol. More than likely for a 93 Honda 300, the sizes probably won't match, but I can run a replacement stocker and take the screen out of the bowl, that filter is 10 micron. Never could find the specs on the stock screens neither. 

Don't use this number , but I think I have read 18mm for a 300 petcock thread , I have some 300 tanks in the shed , I could possibly measure a petcock tomorrow evening 

2 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Don't use this number , but I think I have read 18mm for a 300 petcock thread , I have some 300 tanks in the shed , I could possibly measure a petcock tomorrow evening 

I was going to wait till I had a definite inner diameter of the bung and thread size first. If you can do that I'll name my first born after you, if I ever find love lol. Mechanics are hard to be in a relationship with. We're perfectionists by nature.

Edited by F250 guy
  • Like 1

Honda 300 petcock : $46 from Partzilla ( OEM )  ---  after market Chinese $7.46 

Dimensions are 18 x 1.0mm with a 24mm hex nut and a 1/4" fuel outlet. 

Just now, Fishfiles said:

Honda 300 petcock : $46 from Partzilla ( OEM )  ---  after market Chinese $7.46 

Dimensions are 18 x 1.0mm with a 24mm hex nut and a 1/4" fuel outlet. 

Thanks man, I didn't expect ya to measure a tank that quick. 

I didn't go outside and measure  , I cheated --- looked it up on Partzilla and got a OEM  part number of the 300 petcock then crossed it over to after market part , then got a description of the after market part , I say I thought it was 18mm  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have the tank at my house I looked it over and actually it looks pretty good. Or just send the Red Kote back?