RanchHand420

87 trx350d muffler

I took off my exaust pipe, lol both ends, and got it very nicly brazed together. I was surprised to see how great of condition the baffler was in, i was kinda expecting it to be rusted out. Got it all back together and it sounds great. But it is kinda loud still especially considering the baffler is still intact. So my question is this. Mine is basically a straight pipe off the headers, now i have seen this style online for sale, but more often ive seen a different one. And also on the parts diagrams it shows this other style. Did this bike come out with two different stock mufflers, or is mine an "upgraded" option? Which one is quieter?

Just one muffler came out on them.  Pics aren't showing for me if you posted some. 

I feel like i rember reading somewhere that honda had to change something to meet usa emissions standards. Maby i have a japan modle muffler

29 minutes ago, RanchHand420 said:

Lol i couldnt even find a pic online if my style online so i steped out and took a pic myself

1580171645054-1209628605.jpg

That is the Cobra muffler 

it is a glass pack—you have to wrap that perforated baffle with some muffler pack

i have 2 86s. One has the bigger muffler the other has the glass pack.

9F625D09-EC02-442C-85FF-32B73E9CA15C.jpeg

ED1B7068-4FEC-42B1-9149-F8D3117673B6.jpeg

Edited by Goober
  • Like 2