Mac102004

NEW TORQ Lockers for 300/400/450 Honda's

I thought you did that mod ... So you did three oem washers on each side ?? And not the Milton shim ? ..... I've still got that mod in the back of my head (oem shims) 

Wow is my new locker ever small... obviously the front diff is small... but this is one expensive unit in Canadian Dollars!!!!! It ended up costing me $700 after exchange, duty, & tax! I just put the heat on in the garage & am going to install the little bugger today! This will be a huge improvement over the stock open diff!!  

9516BC80-4F29-4B18-A9FB-8E9FE13C10B8.jpeg

378FA5E5-DBF5-4A84-9992-465DCA305273.jpeg

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 3

Wow, that thing is TINY.  Let us know how it works!  I want one, but it's a ways down the list as far as funding is concerned.

• Like 2

Cute little thing. I wouldn't buy one now with the way the Canadian dollar is nose diving. Seems like price went up too since they first came out.

36 minutes ago, Mac102004 said:

Cute little thing. I wouldn't buy one now with the way the Canadian dollar is nose diving. Seems like price went up too since they first came out.

You know I gotta have everything Mac....

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

You know I gotta have everything Mac....

Yep, I got that impression. lol

• Like 1

I am curious on how bad the steering is going to be affected ------------ I did the extra OEM shim thing in the front diffs of one of my 450s and one 300 , it is not 100% a locker , but does much better than with out the shims ----I find  it does make it harder to  turn  , you can see it when I have the 424 pulled out and turn hard in the  mud or grass , it eats in and tried to pull out the turn , kind of jumpy would be a good way to explain it 

I am all about mods , but that locker  is a bit pricey for me right now , waiting till I  find that pot of gold 

• Like 2

She's in the diff. Diff just got a coat of Honda Bond on the cases & I'm buttoning er up! I'll be sure to let ya'll know how it steers! I have to get my motor back in the quad first, so be a little bit but I'll defiantly give everyone my honest opinion of what I think... I'll be sure to try it out on all terrain too!

• Like 3

On 3/27/2020 at 3:23 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

Lol! Mac .... Aren't you a hoarder of hondline parts ?? 

pretty much, although I did recently “relinquish” a OEM Speedo kit for the 300 from my hoard lol. 

• Like 1

I haven’t got the motor back together yet, so I have nothing to report yet.... once it’s all together, do t u worry... I’ll be sure to report back!!

• Haha 1

Well my first impressions of the new locker are AWESOMENESS! I rate this at a 15 out of 10! That combined with the 424 are just the perfect combo! I tried climbing banks, deep water/mud grass & it just works perfect. It’s rained here for days so the mud & water in bush is unreal. This maybe expensive but for anyone looking for true 4 wheel drive, this is it! Turning is a lot harder than before but not like the spool locker I ran in the past. 

Torq Locker has my 110% approval. 

image.jpg

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 5

An extra shim on each side the front diff does the same thing a whole lot cheaper.  

• Like 1

With the shim it’s always locked is it not? When I go in 2wd the front is back to open diff. They turn independently...

The tire tracks in the back round , in the rocks  is a locked in 4wd turn , with shims and a kicked out 2wd turn As long  as I can make a smaller  turning radius,  in 2wd is all I am worried about , what radius can you do in 2wd kickout , this is a 1st gen bike( 2 inches longer )  with a 3 inch extended swing 6B6YLXloQZmhrGfR6DnSbw.jpgarm so the radius will be more 

• Like 1

On March 2, 2020 at 4:49 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

Fish, you recall this video ?? Not sure if this mod would work on his, but just a note .... I'd only do this to a pure mud bike !!

wheeler ^^^ 

5 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

wheeler ^^^ 

That is what I did , except instead of buying new shims , I took shims out a parts bike---some people go to Tractor Supply or where ever it is they go and buy a flat washer and install it --- it makes it engage ---but like Wheeler says , it is always engaged , but it didn't cost nothing ---how nuch is that locker going for now days ??? 

• Like 1

How nuch ? , My mistake  ---How "  Much " , in Canadian = Ca'nuck'coin ? Would guess $600 US with shipping and export taxes , shim it !!! 

Those locker are pretty big in the can am world.  You can lock a can am front diff cheap too.  But then try driving it fast and turning.  The torqlocker allows one tire to turn faster than the other, it just cant turn slower than the diff is spinning the axle.  So steering ain't so bad.  This video, while not of turning, shows what I'm talking about and you can see how that would make turning easier.  I've been thinking of putting one in my commander.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2020 at 1:52 PM, Wheeler said:

Well my first impressions of the new locker are AWESOMENESS! I rate this at a 15 out of 10! That combined with the 424 are just the perfect combo! I tried climbing banks, deep water/mud grass & it just works perfect. It’s rained here for days so the mud & water in bush is unreal. This maybe expensive but for anyone looking for true 4 wheel drive, this is it! Turning is a lot harder than before but not like the spool locker I ran in the past. 

Torq Locker has my 110% approval. 

image.jpg

So still steers harder in 2wd?  I was hoping with a 424 it would be stockish, but I guess my Jeep's front locker is only invisible because I have lockouts on the front wheels to completely disconnect the front end from the road.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

So still steers harder in 2wd?  I was hoping with a 424 it would be stockish, but I guess my Jeep's front locker is only invisible because I have lockouts on the front wheels to completely disconnect the front end from the road.

no Jeep, it’s totally open diff in 2wd & so easy to steer. 4wd is harder than before, but not as hard as a spool locker!

• Like 2

I expect it to be hard to turn in 4wd.  Just didn't want to be fighting it while cruising trails.

Now I need one. 

• Like 2

The ultimate Honda 300 (which they should have built, but that’s another story) is one with disc brakes, a locker, & 424... obviously more power but hey it was a 300...

• Like 4

don't forget that homemade rear bumper  ;) this got me to thinking.... you enjoy modding ... we might have a good chance at baiting you to build  the best 300 out there lol! you, and fish sure have  the mods  covered ... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1