jeepwm69

Battery Tender options

Yes I would like to know the voltage that the tender is putting to a battery when hooked up and working.

well... they vary.... some 12 volt power supply's i have ... put out from 350mA - 900mA (which can be used to charge a 12 volt battery) but those are continuos power supply's same voltage all the time .... the battery tender jr is 750ma at full out put....(according  to the specs)  that changes over time as the battery charge goes up.

i did a pigtail on mine to. never seen that type charger before .... is that a low amp charger, with a tender option ? 

image.jpg

Think I paid !.. if memory serves me correct around $100 on

sale.. it works awesome & can leave it in if u want...

• Thanks 1

I have a solar pannel on my little shop, the controller cuts the feed when my battery is full....

• Like 3

i don't see the g3500 on there site ... and the g15000 is a 12, or 24 volt, i could use the 6 volt, - 12 volt ...  but no use for 24 volt charger ... i reckon they stopped making the g3500 ?? 

or maybe it was rebranded as the 10 ... reckon it's time to hit ebay or amazon ... 

Edited by _Wilson_™

Just googled it. I bet the Genius5 maybe the replacement. It’s 5amps. U r correct I don’t see the 3500 anywhere for sale anymore. I bought it maybe 1.5-2yrs ago.. 

• Thanks 1

you've had good severivic being its a year, and half - 2 years .... i located a few on ebay, and amazon.... I'm gunna have to do some digging for for a cheeper price ... lol, just hope  i have the same luck scoring one lower priced, like i had with those hondaline parts lol! 

this chart shows the g3500, as (IMO) the best model to have.

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

some in chat were asking about a good battery tender, so, I'm bumping this up, credit goes to wheeler. 

Thanks Wilson.

• Like 2

I just sold my big flat a few weeks back and had a box of tools in it that I didn't let go , opened it up and found all kinds of goodie , this adaptor was in there , it fits onto the same plug pigtail of my battery tender plugs and turn the cord into a power source on the atv , pretty handy thing , can't remember where I got it from 

flGTeUC+TfyjMhtghTARFQ.jpg

• Like 3

Shade mentioned one, hope i got the facts right. [buds ya know] done drank 5,. or so. any who,  if a good one, charger, for one machine, i think its outside my budget.

another thing, i finally got into the old place, an checked the battery, i thought i bought, 2016 or before?  it is not a yusa, or whatever. Moto-Classic. hope i got a good deal, but i might have snookered myself.. sux getting old....,,,,

Edited by LedFTed

On 7/31/2020 at 5:40 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

i did a pigtail on mine to. never seen that type charger before .... is that a low amp charger, with a tender option ? 

image.jpg

battery tender jr., is my best guess..

Edited by LedFTed

yes, that's right my second one..... for this bike, I'd like to have the g3500 like wheeler has, but still haven't had any luck finding one. 

• Like 2

you second battery tender jr ? i know happened to mine ..... stupid mistake on my part.... i was mowing and i thought i had the blades up high enough .... sigh.... NOPE, I hit the cord, and that caused the wires (all to) make contact with the blade, and caused an internal short, even threw a breaker in my storm shelter.... lol! 

Well;; battery came in today, hope it fits. DA forgot, to check the specs, as height. blame is on old age, not the bud.. i dont think its to much taller. hopefully it will fit.

even my bad memory, will forgive me, for not remembering, when i got the previous battery. when to the old place, the hondaatv graveyard, an found out my memory aint what it never was, only worst. apparently the strokes an buds[beer] have made things worst. [im smiling as i write this]. the doctors are still mystified as while i still tick. i think its humor.. just in case the DA[dumb as] is me].

if ya cant learn to laugh at yourself. ya have a miserable life.

• Like 1

got a battery for the atv, to tall, had to send it back. ordered the right one, it came, had to let it charge a while 1st., hooked it up and the bike fired up 1st time. a little smoke from sitting. got to change the oil again. sitting, its been a while. autozone dont carry castrol motorcycle oil no more. quicksilver, lucus, an some other brand. i'm thinking along different lines. im thinking amsoil, or something.

is it true what that guy said on the other forum, oil that sits for a long time is no good. i got a case.5 of oil that has been sitting for bout 4 years.

Edited by LedFTed

10 hours ago, LedFTed said:

got a battery for the atv, to tall, had to send it back. ordered the right one, it came, had to let it charge a while 1st., hooked it up and the bike fired up 1st time. a little smoke from sitting. got to change the oil again. sitting, its been a while. autozone dont carry castrol motorcycle oil no more. quicksilver, lucus, an some other brand. i'm thinking along different lines. im thinking amsoil, or something.

is it true what that guy said on the other forum, oil that sits for a long time is no good. i got a case.5 of oil that has been sitting for bout 4 years.

'Ted , "  oil shelf life ? " --------    We won't  live long enough to worry about it , LOL 

Shell Rotela T4 , mudder tested , mudder recommended 

I thought this was a battery tender thread ?, now its turned into an oil thread ?..rofl. oil, as far as i know ?, does not have a shelf life. battery minder is what i use now, i tossed every battery tender jr in the trash after i found out they do nothing but take my money !. battery minder does more than keep the battery charged, it also works on the battery plates as its charging.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LedFTed said:

got a battery for the atv, to tall, had to send it back. ordered the right one, it came, had to let it charge a while 1st., hooked it up and the bike fired up 1st time.

Yeah right , back to Tenders

See 'Ted order a battery , 

See 'Ted receive  the wrong battery ,

See 'Ted have to send it back ,

See 'Ted have to reorder , 

Think first ,  don't be like 'Ted 

LOL 

• Like 1