Canam37

Shift/tps code

I have an 05 foreman 500 at. Was getting stuck in gear. Changed angle sensor, started throwing a tps code. Put stock angle sensor back in still throwing tps code. I greased the plugs on sensor. Done the re learn code, still throwing a tps sensor. Even took computer loose to clean connections. I'm at a dead loss, where is a good place to start from. Since I have had it, i have got it to shift right one time. Left battery un hooked for a few weeks and shifted great that night, next day back to the same bs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And the only code popping up on the dash is tps, I have not touched the tps sensor, except to grease the plug after it was throwing that code.

Welcome to the forum. Your getting a code 4 then? You'll need to ohm out the TPS to make sure it's in spec. Over the years moisture could have gotten into it and is now causing issues (they had a recall on the 07 model for that). If you need a service manual there is a link on the top of the forum on the menu bar.

• Like 1

Welcome Canam37! Please keep us posted on your progress and by the way.... we like to see pics if ya got any? 🙂

I'm thinking after working with it tonite there is a weak spot in the tps harness where it goes to the main harness. Really hoping

Is it an 05 or 04? (thought you said it was an 04 on bookface).

Did you find the link to the service manuals at the top of the page and ohm out the TPS?

My 06 Foreman started throwing TPS codes and it ended up being a dirty connection on the ECU plug (replaced ECU, same error code, swapped the two ECU's several times and all of the sudden it stopped throwing the code...had the original ECU on at that point.  ONly thing I can think of is corrosion or dirt keeping the pins from making good contact, and repeated removal/reinstallation cleaned it up). 

When my 07 Rubicon threw the TPS code it was the harness going to the TPS.

• Like 2