Is it possible to post a pic in the chat section, I've tried and cant seem to get it to work.

According to the marketing for the app we are suppose to be able to upload images into chat rooms, but I haven't been able to get them to work either.

I suspect that the reason why images uploading fails is because the Chat app may not be properly integrated with the IPS permissions system. We have external 3rd party images loading disabled site-wide to protect our backoffice. I don't think the chat app can differentiate between local member images uploads (which we allow) and external 3rd party images loading (which we do not allow) permissions. I imagine someday we may install an updated version and find that the author have fixed that issue though. Development of the chat app is rapid... updated versions have been released on average about twice per month.

FF , pics in the chat room are a waste , the chat room gets cleared every day ---- post your pic to one of your threads , click on the pic then copy and paste the address bar to your post in the chat room , then it is a link to the pic 

I just went to my thread , click a pic , it offered me to copy imagine link , I hit that then came here and pasted it and the pic pops up , I am about to try and do the same with the chat room right now and see what happens 

IMG_4072.JPG

I went to chat and it let me post the pic  , but the pic is off centered and the entire pic is not there ------  it did pop a box about properties of imagine and I didn't make any adjustments on it -----going to play around with it some more 

You have to hit the center box to center the pic 

Fish yeah I figured  That I can  Transfer pictures of a thread  That kind of defeats the purpose as a  They have already been posted. It's really not that big of a Deal. I just thought that it would be Able to post something if you are in the middle of a conversation.

So the pic you just posted, aren't you ever worried you're just gonna be swallowed up with all that water around? Lol

While your trails  Like that are they?

That's what I thought last night drama was up pretty late  Messing around with it. Reducing the size of the file did not help at all.

Retro posted that he though treason why images uploading fails is because the Chat app may not be properly integrated with the IPS permissions system.

Correct FF, retro said they are updating and fixing issues on a regular basis so hopefully things will get worked out soon...

3 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

Fish 

So the pic you just posted, aren't you ever worried you're just gonna be swallowed up with all that water around? Lol

While your trails  Like that are they?

You can see the water mark on the base of the tree behind the bike , it is a little bit low in that pic (low tide)  lol , in that pic you can also see  ahead of the bike where the grass (sea weed) stops and the water is smooth , it  is over the fenders there ------- when it is warm , I am more worried about snakes and gators , LOL 

In the chat room , the pics throw the orientation all out of wack if text is also added to the pic , if you just do a pic with no text  then it is ok 

Attachments that ya already have uploaded somewhere work in the chat, but uploading a new image does not work until I enable 3rd party remote images. So its broken until the author integrates properly with the IPS software permissions system. We can't allow 3rd party remotes here because dirtbag criminal corps (that exploit) dominate the Internet.

I had a short list of features and fixes going for the Chat app that I was gonna ask the author to add to the app, but I think I lost it somewhere. This might be an opportunity to hear your ideas...? We can make a list of things that we'd like to have in the Chat app and ask the author to add them in future app updates.

17 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

20200129_222556.jpg

when I tried to add a pic in chat 2 times, I was getting this very same response ^^^^.

Thanks retroThat was supposed to read are all of your trails like that? Lol ! I can tell you one thing I'll take this cold weather any day over those giant lizards  And creepy crawlies .  At least our mountain lines are very skittish and don't like people and the  Grizzly bears usually run away as well When they hear machines and people.

Lets hear some suggestions that we can ask the author to fix and/or include in an update.